Kingsway Tyre Wall

Geoffrey Settle

It might not look so bad now but he's left it until a few weeks before the big court case to do it.  Think of all the tax payers money that could have been saved ie for court costs, solicitors fees, man hours etc etc if the bloke had done that when he was first told they were illegal and had to come down.   Bloody idiot !

because he has done what he is told does not mean he isn't liable for costs.

It might not look so bad now but he's left it until a few weeks before the big court case to do it.  Think of all the tax payers money that could have been saved ie for court costs, solicitors fees, man hours etc etc if the bloke had done that when he was first told they were illegal and had to come down.   Bloody idiot !

Egomaniac more like. He could have saved himself and the council thousands of pounds just by putting up a fence but didn't want to back down. On that WG comment his main argument is 'I employ a few people so I should be allowed to do what I want.' I just hope the council have something quietly in store for him.    

True but he was ranting about them years ago, he really did seem to have a serious dislike of the Council.  Not saying he has a point with the tyre wall by the way, just trying to help show why he would do this .  The reply he sent to the other site was dreadful, trying to pass himself off as a peoples champion when in fact he has made local peoples life a little worse for years and cost the town money as well.

• Upvote 1

Years ago in Widnes there was a chap called John Laveric, a charming if eccentric old gentleman who gave many thousands of pounds away to local charities.

One day Mr Laveric fell out with the tax man over a demand which he considered unfair, he popped in to a DIY store across the road from the tax office, treated himself to a brand new ladder and a hammer and proceeded to break the tax mans windows, and there were a lot.

The whole town came out on Mr Laverics side over the affair, Justice for John marches were held and, maybe 40 years later, Mr Laveric is fondly regarded as a local hero.

Now while I'm not saying Mr Moran should have smashed the Town Hall windows, I do suggest that he could have been a bit smarter how he's gone about things, launching costly court cases and wasting what people see as their money is no way to get them on your side.

• Upvote 1

Surely railings wouldn't be much good as a flood defence Geoff... unless they are on top of a wall of course but I've not been past so haven't seen them. 

PS why didn't you take a photo Gary :wink:

Dizzy - When I was last there - took some snaps - I will try and find them but like Gary's famous quote "I've been sooooo busy"  :oops:  but there is a bit of a break this week so you never know :mrgreen:

Just been past and basically nothing has changed the eyesore is still there and the fence was erected past this thing and carries on towards the ambulance station.

So I do not think the two are connected in anyway.

Sorry no pics as I was being driven past and couldn't stop.

Oh well I suppose WBC have decided to pick on easier jobs now, like The Kings Head extention much less work aiming at easy targets.