Kingsway Tyre Wall

Geoffrey Settle

I've not seen the tyre wall which seems to be causing so much angst !  Is it built to hide some nefarious activity or just simply a bit of modern art ?

Earlier posts suggested that it was being used to disguise the fact that the area was being used as a building material dumping ground ? Has this been qualified?

What exactly does the accused hope to gain apart from winding up half the town.

Crown Court hearing on 21st November (his appeal against the magistrates' decision to uphold the notice to remove it).

Blimey I thought Crown Court was for important matters like Train Robbers etc.

Who decided that this matter,albeit a pain in the posterior, waranted such a setting?

Lets hope the miscreant ends up with all the costs,and good sense prevails.

• Upvote 1

Why can't WBC just enforce their own bye laws and send a JCB in to remove this eyesore and bill him for the work done instead of wasting the tax payers money?.

I don't think the council is doing anything wrong here. The only person wasting taxpayers money is the tosser who put the tyres there in the first place. 

• 1 month later...

Well I sincerely hope it gets removed and more importantly that he gets made to pay dearly for the contempt he’s shown for the people of this town. If I had any say in the matter, I’d go further and demand he make a public apology then possibly a lifelong asbo that keeps him out of Warrington.

Bill :)

• Upvote 3

Warrington Council are completely bottleless when it comes to nonsense like this.... I'm having grief at the moment because at the bottom of my garden is a high hedge which has been there for over 25 years and the woman at the back has now finally decided to complain (even though she has lived there all that time - I've only been here for 7 years!!).... I've had more phone calls, emails and letters about it in the past few weeks and visits from council bods than I can remember.... they don't seem afraid to mither little old me.... but when someone has a solicitor in tow they back off like a frightened poodle

• Upvote 1

Why don't you just send a letter to the council and the lady saying you will happily come to an agreement and chop them down and will replace them with a tyre wall.  After all tyres don't have roots so I'm sure the lady will be happy that they wont ever damage her property and depending on how you position the top rows of tyres they wont affect the 'right to light' either if the sun can shine through the centre holes.

There you go...simples... that will be £250 for my consultation fee please :D

• Upvote 1

Warrington Council are completely bottleless when it comes to nonsense like this.... I'm having grief at the moment because at the bottom of my garden is a high hedge which has been there for over 25 years and the woman at the back has now finally decided to complain (even though she has lived there all that time - I've only been here for 7 years!!).... I've had more phone calls, emails and letters about it in the past few weeks and visits from council bods than I can remember.... they don't seem afraid to mither little old me.... but when someone has a solicitor in tow they back off like a frightened poodle

Sounds like standard procedure with someone who is unwilling to cut the hedge unless forced to,with the Council trying to avoid taking legal action....

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/9411/highhedgescomplaining.pdf

When we do take legal action, it's out of our control. The tyre wall court case was not heard last week because of another case which overran -  adjourned until 6th February.

Why don't you just send a letter to the council and the lady saying you will happily come to an agreement and chop them down and will replace them with a tyre wall.  After all tyres don't have roots so I'm sure the lady will be happy that they wont ever damage her property and depending on how you position the top rows of tyres they wont affect the 'right to light' either if the sun can shine through the centre holes.

There you go...simples... that will be £250 for my consultation fee please :D

:lol:  :lol: