Posting comments

Davy51

Yep... just done it to me twice too.  If you press to refresh the screen while it's thinking about it your post appears though......

Weird.

Gary can you ask your techies as I've got to go out.  I've only noticed it happening since the server was changed so maybe it's somthing to do with that. 
Can't see why it would be though really as it doesn't happen all the time.

I'll have a mooch when I get back later today too ......

Yep.. but needs resolving somehoe Gary and has just happened again to me.

Can everyone who has so far reported problems posting please let me/us know the following

1) what version of Windows you are using ?

2) what browser you are using ?

3)... or are using a mobile device ?

(I'm using windows 7 64 bit and Firefox)

Yep.. but needs resolving somehoe Gary and has just happened again to me.

Can everyone who has so far reported problems posting please let me/us know the following

1) what version of Windows you are using ?

2) what browser you are using ?

3)... or are using a mobile device ?

(I'm using windows 7 64 bit and Firefox)

Same!

Me and my big mouth. last couple of posts have taken ages to appear. just see a green box at the top of the screen with grey dashes in as if it is trying to load it. One way around the wait is to view new content and my latest post appears.

Now the wonder if this one will post quickly or not.

(1st edit) well that went on quickly. i wonder if it anything to do with emoticons :twisted:

(2nd edit) apparently not. oh well that blows that theory out of the water.

Ok... having just spent another enjoyable hour trying to figure out what is going on..... I think it MAY be only happening on topics which have FOLLOWERS

Appologies to 'followers' who have got notifications of new posts, that was me posting the word 'testing' everywhere then deleting my own post.

Can those of you who notice the problem please do this..

If you post a new comment and get a delay can you look at the top of the topic and see if it has any followers please.

Also if you post and it is ok can you still look to see if it has any too.

I'm starting to loose the will to live now Gary :lol:

I think you are getting there sherlock!

I just posted on the tyre thread (no pun intended) which has followers and it took an age to post, appeared not to have posted - but actually did!

Is this not an issue for the invision help desk?

Keep up the good work :)

I think you are getting there sherlock!

I just posted on the tyre thread (no pun intended) which has followers and it took an age to post, appeared not to have posted - but actually did!

Is this not an issue for the invision help desk?

Keep up the good work :)

and this posted instantly and there are no followers!

Thanks... seems it might well be that then.  We are at least getting closer to what maybe causing it then.

Gary I have checked the error logs for email notifications and they are fine.

I did notice in the 'Push Notifications' log that seems to be for some sort of  iPhone App that it showed one users (Jean) down for getting notifications on EVERYTHING but for some reason there are no records after 5 January as if something may have gone wrong.

I had a guess at who else might use iPhones and they did not have 'push notifications' turned on so I turned Jean's off temporarily but that made no difference and posting was still slow.  Odly enough one of the other log files shows 'push notifications' going out today for but like I said they are NOT shown in the main log file.  Mmmmmmmm

It would appear that when posts are made and people are following (ie they get notifications either by email or however) the notification is sent the minute the post button is pressed and NOT once the post actually appears.

WHY AM I TELLING YOU ALL THIS........... SORRY (but it will serve as a reminder to me later when I forget what I was doing, who I am, and what I was going to do next I suppose :lol: )