Appleton by-election - YAWN more nonsense !!

Dizzy

Front page news today -  http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/17544/1/Storm-over-by-election-stitch-up/Page1.html

Is it too much to ask that they all stop bickering, throwing stones and pointing political fingers for once !!!! 

For god sake it's only a LOCAL Parish Counil seat up for grabs.  About time they took ALL politics out of local parish council stuff IMO

Maybe they should all take a leaf out of Walton Parish Council's book as they and their elected local parish councillors seem to be the only one's round here capable of leaving party politics at the door.

........little rant over but it just gets me so rattled whenever I read about such nonsense

• Upvote 1

Interesting that Labour are saying that local people should be given the opportunity to decide who represents them and in the same breath insisting that a candidate who the electorate rejected last time round should be co-opted without a by-election.

Do they actually not listen to what is coming out of their own mouths?

Interesting that Labour are saying that local people should be given the opportunity to decide who represents them and in the same breath insisting that a candidate who the electorate rejected last time round should be co-opted without a by-election.

It's all doublethink. It's the only way they can criticise their political opponents for doing things they would be doing themselves if they were 'in power' instead. 

Inky, do you not listen to what is coming out of your mouth?

The Labour candidate Mr Carter came second in the last elections. The Lib Dem candidate Ms Wheeler if I remember rightly got a resounding thrashing in the borough elections, thus her move to a different area. So why do you think that she should be co-opted without a by-election?

The Conservatives haven't objected to the Lib Dem proposals - probably because they realise they haven't a cat in hell's chance of being elected for Cobb's ward and a resounding defeat in the parish elections wouldn't help their candidate in his bid for a seat on the borough council. So politically quite a wise move by the Conservatives.

The Lib Dems on the other hand, I would say, have acted very unwisely in putting forward a candidate not only known to have been strongly rejected in another area, but a candidate who also I would think would be more likely suitable/ acceptable in other Appleton wards.

Labour politically, have acted wisely, they have a good candidate. Well known and well liked on Cobbs, friendly, approachable and in tune with the community.

I think the odds are on Mr Carter.