Kingsway Bridge - eyesore !!

Dizzy

Seems the council enforcement bods have told the land owner it has to be removed as it's not got planning permission.

Should have gone by last Friday apparently.

With the price they are charging for advertising there maybe they will put in a retrospective planning application then withdraw at the last minute so they get a few more months out of it ha ha :wink:

As they belong to the owner of the advertising business maybe they could be removed from where they are and delivered to his home so that he cannot say they were stolen and claim any insurance for them. I am sure he will be glad to have them safely returned to his front lawn where they will not be in the way. Cost of this to be payed by him of course.

Of course if he refuses to pay then the council could always "send in the sheriffs" with the provision that they do not seize the tyres as part payment but the flash car thta was reportedly seen when he tyres were put in place. Amazing how much success those guys seem to have at getting money owed to people. (The sheriffs are coming BBC1 weekdays 11.00 for those who may not have seen the program) :mrgreen:

This land at Kingsway Bridge should have been designated by Warrington Borough Council for the benefit of the Members of the Warrington Rowing Club.

These Members, and their Visitors, would then have had somewhere to park their vehicles.

At the moment, when there is a big event at the Rowing Club, there's a lot of cars parked on the road.

• 3 weeks later...

So does anyone know what’s happening with this? I've just driven past again this morning and my wife who hadn’t seen it before was so angry that something like this had been allowed to happen and nothing done about it.

Dizzy said it should have been remove nearly a month ago so maybe someone’s being a bit too polite about it.

Bill :)

The next thing is we will have great crested newts and bats living in the tyres and then all the animal rights loonies will be out chaining themselves to the nearest fence..... the longer it stays in position, the more time the owner has to find ways of not getting rid of it

Your right Baz. Just as long as we have councillors that would walk past this eyesore and only see butterflies then this sort of situation is going to remain.

People who would do this sort of thing are only interested in making money irrespective of the blight they create in our town.

If the council havent got the balls to get tough with these people then let them make their name known so that the good people of Warrington can express their feelings by boycoting their business.

Bill :)

Completely agree with what Baz and Bill both say. 

Why give one date for removal then when not complied with just extend by another month?   Bloody ridiculous and ok there are procedures to follow but it's laughable  !!!

It's not like it's difficult for either the land owner/person who piled them there in the first place to get a van or trailer and remove them all is it ? 

• 4 weeks later...
Completely agree with what Baz and Bill both say. 

Why give one date for removal then when not complied with just extend by another month?   Bloody ridiculous and ok there are procedures to follow but it's laughable  !!!

It's not like it's difficult for either the land owner/person who piled them there in the first place to get a van or trailer and remove them all is it ? 

It now appears that the person who built this (Mr Patrick Moran) has appealed against the councils decision claiming that"the construction does not affect the local amenity". It's an eyesore! I see that Mr Moran lives in Glazebrook & doesn't have to look at it every day.

And the appeal hearing is not set untill 21st of May !!!!!!!!!!

Oh... and I notice that Abba Taxis are advertising on this ""wall"" does that mean they condone it and think people like it and will use them more because of this action ?

So first off enforcement said they had to be moved by January, then March 6th (which is tomorrow) and now they can stay until at least 21 May !!

BLOODY RIDICULOUS !!!   The council should be given the right to at least remove the signs in the meantime after all they can do that to businesses who don't comply with the advertising 'rules' !!

Just read the news and it sad the 'owner' said it took 9 weeks to build... rubbish it was up in a day !!   Is his name spelt right or should it be 'Moron' ?

just seen some other photo's on facebook and there a couple of jcb's digging ALL the land up behind the tyre wall today.... wonder what's going on there then ?

Think it may be part of the flood defence work being done along this stretch of river.

Pity one of the JCB's don't accidentaly knock this eyesore down as well. :wink:

Flood defence work Latchy?  Do you really think so as it would seem pointless to biold one there but not on the other side of the river at the same point or the other sides of the bridge.
Why would they did all the ground up for that too ?  Top soil been moved in now 'allegidely' today to cover the earlier digging and bring back upto road level :wink:

Only put 'allegidely' to cover myself just incase  :lol:

Would make nice allotments though and would match the other side of the road.

Certainly an 'in topic' evertwhere else though and not many people in favour of the tyre wall monstrocity that's for sure.

PS Evils.... one of the signs was turned over a while ago and something else was written across it.  Would make a good talking point if you used that one in your yard next time you had friends round :lol::wink:

I wonder if i slip into my high viz jacket grab a clipboard and cutters would they notice if i removed it and bundled it into my car. As long as i look the part the chances are nobody will ask questions and with a bit of work i am sure that i can fudge up a decent work sheet to show that the removal has been authorised.

Now all i need is a second person with a high viz jacket and a blue hard hat and possibly a unmarked white van, i reckon if we turn up about five at night it would be a couple of days before anybody noticed. :ph34r:

I've got a high viz jacket and a clipboard...... no blue hard hat but do have a green and grey hat with elephant ears somewhere..... no unmarked van though so we will need person number 3  :)

PS don't forget your steel toed wellies...... and a flask... oh and pen to chew on and tap your clipboard with so we look like real officials :wink: