Kingsway Bridge - eyesore !!

Dizzy

Flood defence work Latchy?  Do you really think so as it would seem pointless to biold one there but not on the other side of the river at the same point or the other sides of the bridge.

Why would they did all the ground up for that too ? 

I think they are doing flood defence work to protect the electricity sub-station and ambulance station.

Sure I read it somewhere.

Crikey I hope they are as it's only just occurred to me how close the sub station is to the river now you've said it. Water and elec... scarey thought ! 

I wonder which bright spark decided to build it there ? 

The expression "the law is an ass" springs to mind!

That might be true but don't you wonder what happens behind the scenes and off the record could be used to deal with stuff like this. For example, don't the council have any influence with Abba cars they could bring to bear to stop them supporting this thing? No possibility of quiet word? We know it won't involve a horse's head in somebody's bed but surely a chat would work. 

• Upvote 1

Gary, can't you find out what's going on and why all the land is being dug up again today behind the tyre wall.  Everyone all over facebook etc is talking about it and are getting more and more disgruntled.

Come on your are 'Mr Local Press' so get down there and ask or ask the council or do I have to get my wellies on after all  :lol: 

No idea Borris1066 but that would definately raise more than a few eyebrows.  Personally I don't think so though as the chap who owns the land is a property developer and when it was up for sale (presumably why he bought it) the for sale sign said 'Allotments/Fishing'.

With all the costly ground work and new soil that's being moved on at the moment my bet is allotments (I wonder if I could get one as that would be nice to have).

The owner already has some on other land which was reported on here in 2010....... there were some issues with planning consent for those and the council too though at the time which are not detailed in this link but I can't post the other ones as they are from the WG :wink:

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/8250/1/New-gardeners-dig-in/Page1.html