Did you leave your xmas shopping until the last minute?

Gary

Was just as bad yesterday. Had to go to the Borough arms for a domino match at half twelve. tried to find a spot in cockhedge car parks but ended up just driving around it for ten minutes, mainly trying to get out again, same at the one that is £2.50 all day. finally went to the road where the pub itself was and as luck would have it as i turned into the road somebody was just leaving so managed to park there.

May have been due to the last minute christmas rush and also the fact that it was free parking.

Had to do the last minute food shopping at 7 this morning on the way home from work, and had to try 4 different supermarkets to get my hands on watercress.

Everywhere was busy, but since one supermarket was in Speke and the other three were in Widnes (ie. NOT anywhere WBC have any influence) there was no problem with getting around on the roads or paying for parking.

• Upvote 1

Did my shopping today in Manchester and the Trafford Centre. Drove there no problem, got a parking space straight away and got everything I needed and was back home at about 4pm after leaving Warrington at 11:30.

When I was a young contract electrician, I worked on Kelloggs in Manchester for about 9 or 10 years.... (the Trafford Centre was merely a container depot back then!) We were always working 7 days a week for 12-18 hours a day and for weeks and weeks on end without a day off. We used to finish work on Christmas Eve at about 11am and then came back to Warrington for a drink at the White Hart until about 12:30-1pm. After that it was shopping time as that was the only time we got to do it....

No internet, just the Argos catalogue to get ideas from! So I still tend to do the majority of my shopping on Christmas Eve and I am just about to start wrapping now.... done this every year for over 30 years and it always works for me.... People tend to spend far too much if they start too early as they always see something else everytime they go shopping up until Christmas!

Any ways..... have a good Christmas everyone!

baz

I started a while ago, mostly online, but finished off with a visit to Tesco on Winwick Road at about 08.30 this morning on my way home from work, No problem at all parking and a very easy shop - and I hate shopping at the best of times!

Plenty of people obviously had the same idea, but it was well-staffed and, as usual, the staff were very helpful.

Wishing everyone a great Christmas!!!! What is left of it.

I did 90% of my shopping on line, and everything arrived apart for one parcel that according to the sender was due on the 24th. Was in the shower when the delivery, arrived by the time I put a towel around me and got to the door it was gone. So had to drive to the PO and get the parcel but the traffic was light and it took the man at the counter longer to find the parcel then the time to drive to the sorting office and back. Should have opened the door naked and upset the delivery man !!!!

Forgot to pick up a food processor I ordered from Curry's but that was to help prepare salads at stuff and not a present.