Soldiers or Terrorists

Lt Kije

Many atrocities were committed during the troubles on all sides & many loving families on all sides were left needing answers to who had killed their loved ones. However,at the time ,the province was in turmoil & obviously the powers that be believed ,at the time, that  the policy of forming MRF squads  was the best solution to the available intelligence.

Whatever the rights & wrongs of the situation i am sure any person who uses this forum will be very lucky to hear an answer to this question in their lifetime.

Unarmed!! Well what about the unarmed Soldiers and Civilians who were Murdered by the IRA ect, did the IRA or the other para military organsations play by the rules?? they even murdered their own People, Women,kids men...who had nothing to do with the troubles,they were just there at the wrong time..
So  i wont weep for any of them and i am sure the Intel was good enough to make them a Target...so tough!!!

Whoever has leaked this story (if its true) should themselves be tried for treason.

As with Steve above; I wouldn't shed a tear for any potential terrorists targeted by the intelligence services.... there aint no smoke without fire and the greater picture must be viewed; which is potentially less terrorists to kill and maim

I suppose you are also think the SAS who killed those murdering IRA scum in Gibraltar should stand trial Kije?

So what happens when an organisation created to be above the law, kill people that were not in or supporting the IRA, and as we are are still trying to bring to justice IRA murderers, should it not be the same on this side?

As I have said before I am not a supporter of the IRA, but if we are trying them for acts of terror, I cannot differentiate, or is terror something we can only receive, but when it is done in our name even if it was illegal it is not?

• Upvote 1

Easy Collateral damage same as the IRA say and i doubt very much that ,that happened anyway, these will of been well trained and will of taken out their target after their ID had been confirmed, your saying that they just run around and shot people just because.. I would say their targets were Identified and would of been well known to the Intelligence agency.
These guys if they existed had a jib to do and they did it.

How many IRA scum Murdered innocent people and haven't been prosecuted ??

Sorry your argument doesn't hold any water with me they got what they deserved..

Have you ever seen someones dad/Husband that has just been shot in the doorway of his house in front of his family?? for no apparent reason!!!

Maybe then you would think differently.. 

• Upvote 1

Steve if you have iplayer may I suggest you watch Panarama :wink:

We are still trying to find and prosecute IRA scum as you call them

Actually, there is a big push on at the moment to stop any further investigation of terrorist crimes and cancel all pursuit of the guilty parties.

What a coincidence that the British Luvviecasting Company has chosen this time to stir things up.

I think the people of both sides should get justice, don't you Freeborn??,

I certainly think that people should get what they deserve, which isn't necessarily the same thing.

I'm a little cynical about 'justice', I believe the authorities are currently offering the drug multi millionaire 'Cocky' Warren freedom within days if he hands over £200m of his ill gotten gains, which rather suggests that justice is on open sale in this country, I don't doubt for a second that it's also available for political gain instead of actual cash.

Would you call letting the Warrington bombers off scot free and forbidding any further investigations justice by the way?

No I would not, I think any Ira bomber should be hunted down and face justice

Which is where it should be left..... British soldiers should not face the same "hunting" as the only reason they were put in the position they were in in the first place was due to the murdering scum terrorists

Baz

If British soldiers broke the law they should also face justice, or the people that ordered them to break the law should. Nobody should operate outside the law, their were killings on both sides, and all victims families need to know why they were targeted and if the killing was outside the law they should have justice.

• Upvote 1

Anyone who commits treason again their own Country should lose any rights they had, the IRA are committing treason by fighting again their own country and becoming terrorists so no they dont have any rights and should be hunted down as the scabby dogs they are...

Asp you may well be right there...

• Upvote 1

Baz If British soldiers broke the law they should also face justice, or the people that ordered them to break the law should. Nobody should operate outside the law, their were killings on both sides, and all victims families need to know why they were targeted and if the killing was outside the law they should have justice.

British Soldiers were doing their duty and ridding the world of terrorist scum; just like the lad in Afghanistan that has been found guilty of murder (purely to satisfy the "outraged" brigade)

There are times when the ends justify the means and if it means that soldiers or whoever, operate secretly to carry out those duties; then so be it. They should not be subject to the "normal" laws of engagement.... because you can sure as hell guarantee that any terrorist will not play the game like we do. If it means we have to do things that aren't very nice then they have to be done.

There were NO victims when it comes to a dead terrorist.... the word "victim" applies only to the dead men, women and children that were the results of their actions. Only people like you class terrorists and their families as "victims".... I certainly do not 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Anyone who commits treason again their own Country should lose any rights they had, the IRA are committing treason by fighting again their own country

:unsure:  :unsure: I thought the IRA were the Irish Republican army fighting against the British, how are they committing treason? :unsure:  :unsure: