But how do they get here?

observer

Did it before, but you rubbished the idea that various languages have distinct accents/dialects, that can be identified. btw: your just talking about those with no papers; many do have papers or a quite happy to quote their country of origin when pursuing an asylum application. Problem is; if refused, we don't seem able to find them, never mind deport them. (1 in 50 are currently deported, according to a Commons Cttee).

:lol:  Thought only the Chinese had trouble with their "R's" Baz ?!   Kije: the Dutch are probably the best speakers of English along with Scandanavians; says a lot for their education system and our sales of TV progs - I actually think they tend to have a slight US accent (must be the US films) - but I don't think many are trying to get to the UK without papers though !  I'm actually talking about accents/dialects within their own language groups - so for example: an expert could distinguish between Arabic from Morocco as against Syria; just as we can tell the difference between a Scottish and a Yorkshire twang.

The problem generally nowadays, on a whole range of issues is; that we are tied up in knots with "laws", arising from "treaties" being made, that haven't been thought through - hence the legal nonsense that complicates such issues and defies common sense. As 70% of our "laws" are now made in Brussels, it amounts to an EU dictatorship.

FFS  its like ad nauseum meets ad infinitum.  We all know how you Eurobores feel and how you would vote given a referendendum. You have told us so many times.   You are boring people out of the forum and it will end up just 4 lonely old men whinging and dick fencing until you all die.  Your inane witterings,  bullying  and copy and pasted links are absolutely, gut churningly infantile.  Why don't you all meet up in a boozer like men and have a proper chat about it,  you are solving nothing here and making the forum a joke.

I feel so much better now :D

• Upvote 2

No where near as many as you, Obs, and I won't if you won't, i have suggested this before but you refused, but it appears other people are getting bored, so what do you say, I am sure you can think of other thing to talk about. :wink:

It is only you, me, Baz and every so often Asp that takes part, and most of the time Asp does it, is just to have a go at me, rather than any substance :wink:

The rest of us will now just sit back and wait and see which of you super bores tediously grinds the other super bores down into abject apathy,  allowing you the last word using the same old tedium, repetition and monotony that you have all used for years.  None of you has ever changed your  opinion in the light of the argument nor the opinion of any others with your pococurantism* so why bother?

*I inserted a big word for effect, I do so hope you approve........

Wow must of taken you weeks to find such a big word :wink: And it does not quite work for me as I have asked Obs to stop before and been accused of trying to suppressing free speech  :P

Not really, I used a thesaurus,  like you lot use google to substantiate your arguments.  So Lt. Kije are you ad nauseum or ad infinitum?  Perhaps you could try being a little more acta non verba and less ad absurdum.   Good luck on Babelfish oh scourge of Fascism :D