Shocked parents

Egbert

A new report says that one in five parents have been "shocked" by the content they have found on their children's email, text or Facebook account.

Have they never thought of taking their children's mobiles off them until they reach an age when there is some chance of them behaving responsibly - say 21?

I know many parents are afraid to do this because they see the mobile phone as some sort of security device for their children. But the truth is that parents like their kids to have mobiles so THE PARENTS can rest easy when the children are out  because there is no way a mobile phone can prevent a child coming to harm.

Ha! I would like to see a parent try and take a mobile off their 20 year old daughter or son. Be realistic Egbert and lower the age a little. Even if the child is 16, you would have a job trying to control and limit what they get up to on phones and on the internet. If you were to take it off them, there is nothing stopping them from buying a cheap one and hiding it.

What shocked them?

Kije, I have to say that is about the most unconformist thing I have seen you write over the past few years.... keep it up!!

Bazj, on 29 Oct 2013 - 16:59, said:snapback.png

Well suffice to say I was a punk rocker..... and a bit of a ladette!

:wink:

Woah, that's super freaky....where did you come from Adam? It is like you have an alert system in place to inform you when someone mentions your name or the word music. :) :smile: :)

which is strange; because to me the words "Adam" and "Music" don't really go hand in hand..... unless of course we are talking Adam Faith or the early Adam and the Ants stuff! :) :smile:

Bazj Your showing your age there Adam and the Ants lol.. even i remember them...

Steve.

The early Adam and the ants stuff was nothing like the prince charming stuff; they were quite a riotous punk band..... the lure of money made him what he became

I sense I am being talked about again!  Although the conversation is a little confusing as I am not always sure which Adam is being talked about.

I'm afraid the link that is supposed to convert you all into "Adams" (Perhaps the Adams family?) was so infantile that I quickly tired of it. Clearly written by an idiot.  I don't regard myself as a music snob anyway.

A real music snob wouldn't like anything except classical music. While I do like classical, I also like jazz, folk and some of the older popular music which seems to get described these days as "easy listening" or "middle of the road." 

Not sure if I know what my namesake Mr Ant sounds like, but if it is (or was) punk then it is not music. Somebody has said that he changed because of the lure of money. Well I would suggest it was the lure of money that motivated him from the start. Just as it does every other pop musician.

But tell me, someone, please, is it possible to be a music snob by looking down your nose at one sort of pop music and elevating another?   Can you be a snob by, say, liking the Beatles but despising the Rolling Stones?

But tell me, someone, please, is it possible to be a music snob by looking down your nose at one sort of pop music and elevating another?   Can you be a snob by, say, liking the Beatles but despising the Rolling Stones?

I think you will find yourself to be in the best position to answer your own question.....