On the road to Wembley.....

Gary

Well there is a full coach going, and I am going with John and Eric, so it sounds like theres a decent travelling support off to Ossett

Make sure they set off in plenty of time as only got to Wakefield for second half due to traffic delays on motorway!

Here's hoping for another strong performance tomorrow in the FA Cup. We need to win the midfield and the rest will take care of itself. I've noticed that Dogan and Mannix seem to be the first choice in there of late but I am concerned that if we don't have the tenacious, hardworking West playing we could be a little lightweight. I have commented before that we need complementary players in centre mid and a ball winner is essential in this type of football. West's bite and protection against New Mills was outstanding in the second half when he came on and that, coupled with the authority of Robinson and McCarten, was a major factor in that victory. Come on you Yellows!!!!  :lol:

Poor first half performance cost us a victory. We were "owned" in centre midfield. I called it in my last post when I said that we needed a ball winner in there.

No bite + no bottle = no win.

Dogan and Mannix sat too deep and allowed Ossett's midfield number 8 to dominate them and orchestrate the play. There wasn't any passion from either of them and they looked "leggy" at times. More long ball lunacy when the 2 midfielders got on the ball  and our forwards were feeding on scraps. No real wing play either as Dawson and Metcalf were generally ignored with this obsession to pump it forward. We are better than this. Let's play football but we need to win the ball first!!!

We have another chance thanks to John Newby's marvellous second half strike and I hope we get it right tactically on Tuesday.  :|

Poor first half performance cost us a victory. We were "owned" in centre midfield. I called it in my last post when I said that we needed a ball winner in there.

No bite + no bottle = no win.

Dogan and Mannix sat too deep and allowed Ossett's midfield number 8 to dominate them and orchestrate the play. There wasn't any passion from either of them and they looked "leggy" at times. More long ball lunacy when the 2 midfielders got on the ball  and our forwards were feeding on scraps. No real wing play either as Dawson and Metcalf were generally ignored with this obsession to pump it forward. We are better than this. Let's play football but we need to win the ball first!!!

We have another chance thanks to John Newby's marvellous second half strike and I hope we get it right tactically on Tuesday.  :|

Totally agree with this. We have West and Millington sitting on the bench - why don't they get more of a chance? Why doesn't Gahgan get more starters? The only player we have that can control the long ball and hold up play until support arrives is Wharton and now he is out. The others have now got to work harder to continue their good run of results

1 - 3. Out of the cup.

We saw The Good, The Bad and The Ugly last night from The Wire. 

The Good.....Battled well when down to 10 men.

The Bad......Poor central midfield choice. No Jack West AGAIN!!

The Ugly.....Horrendous scenes towards the end of the game.

I hope we learn from what happened.  :cry:

I agree about the discipline. The game was well balanced before the first dimissal and even after that Town looked the better team with a few chances to finish it off in normal time. After the 2nd dismissal, we were up against it and the sad thing was it was all avoidable.

However I also agree that Mannix & Dogan in the middle of the park isnt ideal. They do similar roles and we lose some creativity there. One or the other for me with someone more mobile alongside. Mooney had two good chances within minutes of coming on and hopefully will get a start now with suspensions coming up. Dawson as well looked keen and willing to get stuck in when he came on.  

Gaghan however was outstanding again and ran himself into the ground.

Lucky there is another cup game on Saturday where we can and should show that this was a one off.

Where was the desire yesterday? Only Gaghan, Ruane and West showed any real passion. We were sloppy in defence, toothless in midfield, until West came on for a cameo appearance, and devoid of ideas up front without Big Ben in there . Come on lads we're better than this!!!!  :cry:

Where was the desire yesterday? Only Gaghan, Ruane and West showed any real passion. We were sloppy in defence, toothless in midfield until West came on for a cameo appearance and devoid of ideas up front without Big Ben in there . Come on lads we're better than this!!!!  :cry:

Tonight the youth team are playing - these lads will chase after the ball if they lose it and battle continuously rather than wait for someone else to win it back and pass it to them again. This team has desire - they want to win.

The first team appears full of players that have been higher and are just collecting their wages on the way down. We need a good mix of experience and youth

Never heard so much rubbish its plain to see that Topshot and footyfan are the same person. Now the cup fixtures are out of the way take some time to look at the league form leading up to those games and also our current league position. This season so far is the biggest points total after 8 matches for at least 10 years. Not bad considering we've no desire and players are turning up just for the money.

Youth players for the club are fantastic asset and are plying their trade in the reserves and some will feature in the squad Saturday due to the growing injury list but at 17yrs old they can't do it week in week out just yet.

I suspect the next two league games will be pivotal for the season - Padiham should be a home banker while Kendal away is a key play off battle.

No one can question the desire of the team as they battled against Ossett with 10 and then nine men - I suspect some were a little leg weary on Saturday after the midweek exploits and take Killer and Wharton out of any team and they will struggle.