Club Call

Eagle

According to the BBC, a four man panel will choose between Hudderfield & Leeds; Smith, Gatcliffe, Broomhead & Moran.

I thought Smith wanted nowt to do with it but why he needs the other three to report on, "League position, performances, strengths and league positions" is a bit strange.  .

The whole thing is a joke - in what other competition would a team pick the team which finishes top of the table in a play-off decider - the team which finishes top in every other competiton in the world is the strongest team!

Full  report

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/16693/1/Wolves-make-Giant-ClubCall/Page1.html

I believe we were paid £5,000 for the appearance of Smith and his entourage (as were the other 3 clubs) plus £5,000 for the use of HJ and hospitality.This is serious money and Smith was aware of this.Now when I was working, many things stuck in my craw about the job, but I did what was expected of me (ie the work I was paid to do) where is the difference ? Seems Tony is a wee bit too sure of himself. -_-

I didn't realise that the policy had changed.

Tony Smith didn't put in an appearance last year.  Neither did Moz.  It was left to Steven Broomhead.

He didn't appear the year before, either.  The Club Call was made by Steven B.

I can see all the logical reasons for not wanting to host Club Call.  It's a poisoned chalice.

Surely, if he were to be fined it should have happened two years ago?