Martin McGuinness in town today

Gary

I am not sticking up for him at all but to say he lost would be wrong, as he is in a power sharing agreement, where before the battle/war they had no power at all, as the Protestant side deliberately kept them out of power. Never forget when the British troops went in, it was originally to protect the Catholics from Protestant intimidation, however things rapidly changed after that. They have power as as democracy works and the population demographic changes they will get more power, Londonderry is now just Derry as they out number the Protestants their, they are just playing the waiting game, unless the Protestant community starts to have as many children as the catholic comuninity they will win the North by democratic vote soon enough.

Back to topic, I would ask the same question as algy :wink:

• Downvote 3

Just driven past the Peace Ranch and lo and behold; the place is covered in cones and cops.... I wonder if the IRA scum is paying for them to be stood there or is it just another few quid on the council tax for next year? ....

and as for Colin Parry; he should hang his head in shame for inviting the IRA to visit Warrington

• Upvote 1

The BBC did an interesting slot on the bomb the other week on inside out indicating that it might have been a rogue cell with british rather than irish people involved.

I would therefore ask him simply to tell us everything he knows or even suspects and then let the police investigate.

I think the fact that McGuinness was in dialogue with the government on the day of the bombing to attempt peace talks makes it highly unlikely that the bomb attack was a direct order from him or Adams.

A few video clips from the event now online

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/16679/1/Martin-McGuinness-Peace-Lecture-video/Page1.html

I read part of the transcript earlier today of his speech at the peace centre last night and he seemed to infer that it 'was' the IRA in Warrington... So if McGuinness wants peace and closure and an end to it all how about he just tells the police WHO actually was responsible for the bombs in Warrington and elsewhere like Birmingham which killed and injured so many innocent people over the years !!

Here's the transcript of his speech...  (well it says it is anyway.... can anyone confirm?)

http://www.thejournal.ie/martin-mcguinness-ira-1090000-Sep2013/

• 2 weeks later...

Sigh, just as I thought I wouldn't need to come in here any more, I realise perhaps I am needed.  I on facebook hit the like button for the Peace Centre, then scrolled down, and although I have not watched the video of you know who's visit, I read the postings, and thought, boy, we've stumbled into a big minefield here!  (Please pardon the expression.)  There is a little principle we need to bear in mind: Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.  (Incidentally, the strength of feeling should make one pause the next time anyone points the finger, usually at the wrong people, if an incident in Northern Ireland occurs.)  At least McGuinness, I hope, is being made to face up to what his organisation has done, and by the way, Lt. Kije, just to point out that the first British soldier to be killed in the Troubles was in February 1971 AFTER the legislation ending the discrimination against Catholics was in place in 1970.  Therefore the Provisional IRA's agenda was never to do with equality.  PS demographic studies indicate that the Catholic increase of population will fall short of equalling the Protestant population.  So you're not getting rid of us any time soon. Tough.  Hard luck.   :mrgreen:  

Also, we from Northern Ireland are always being lectured on how bad we all are and how we must sit down and talk to the other side, extremists included.  And yet when this happens, I see all the same raw emotions that mentally block people from talking happening here too.  So, ladies and gentlemen, don't even try to lecture me.  I enticed a Sinn Feiner in the direction of peace in the old 10 Downing Street forum in a debate in 2000, so it IS possible to get through to these people.  Besides, if you lecture us on how we should be talking to these guys, who are you to change your minds when it comes to you?  DOUBLE STANDARDS!  It would have been different perhaps had there been no cease-fire.  

As for who bombed Warrington, my own researches tell me it was the Nottingham 'Active Service Unit' of the Provisional IRA's England Department (answerable to the PIRA's General HQ in Dublin- and autonomous from the PIRA's top governing body, the 'Provisional Army Council' and you can guess, ahem, cough cough cough, two well-known people on that group!).  This ASU or should I say murder gang mostly consisted of ruthless fanatics from South Armagh.  Bizarrely two members of this group were English.  (Check out information on the Warrington Gasworks Bombing.)  

I see there is a ferocious debate between the veterans organisations and the Peace Centre.  It's going to be interesting to see how that pans out.  I've only known about this for at least 10-20 minutes.  

(I'm actually living in London at the moment but am moving home this month.)

Apart from the nonsense going on at Ardoyne/Tawaddell Road (often called Twaddle Road by locals for obvious reasons) roundabout, Belfast is very quiet.  It's so laid back compared to London it's hilarious.  

Waiting on being told I have a one track mind.  Yeah, right.  Waiting for Observer to slip up again!  

Goonerman are the veterans associations you mention Protestant & Catholic religious veterans  or PIRA & various Protestant leaning terror groups? 

BUT no matter what, all right minded people realise that many governments across the ages & across the globe have to be ,at one point or another, formed with people who were once thought of as enemies of the state.As unpleasant as it may seem,there comes a time when 2 sides will come together & if peace is to be the victor then it should be accepted.

• Upvote 1