Economies of scale

asperity

Interesting Asp, not really thought about pollution from shipping, nice to see they are cleaning their act up on CO2, Shipping was around 5 to 6 % of total CO2 emissions ten years ago, Aircraft were at about 2 or 3%, to be fair Aircraft emissions were going up due to the popularity of going abroad. Every little helps as they say :wink:

Every little helps as they say :wink:

tell that to India and China and get them to have windmills all over their national parks.... not going to happen is it??

Never mind, the toga wearing tree huggers in charge over here will try and make up for it by imposing green taxes on us all....

• Upvote 1

I may seem a bit daft but could not help wondering how it all works with the carbon cutting. surely when the ship is loaded it takes X number of containers which have to be first transported by road using a certain number of lorries.the ship transports the cargo to it's destination where the same number of lorries the transport it to the final destination. the only saving that i can see is that instead of say three ships transporting the containers they use one. but still the same number of lorries at each end.

ah now i get it the saving is on the shipping across the oceans bit.