Be Careful Out There....

Bazj

According to data from the DVLA and analysed by the Institute of Advanced Motorists, there is someone in Warrington driving round with 36 points on their license!

Apparently, difficulties in sharing offence information means that although he was caught with no insurance six times in less than two weeks; he is still out there on the streets of Warrington, driving!!

He has the second highest points tally; the highest is a Woman driver down south who has managed to amass a total of 42 points without a formal ban! Others include a guy from Southend who has 30 points after being caught speeding 10 times in less than 16 months up to August last year, another with 29 points for speeding, and some chap from Sussex who was caught speeding six times in less than two weeks!

A new computer system comes into force in October will supposedly stop these anomalies; but the report didn't say that now that they are known about; that they would finally get the bans they so rightly deserve....

So remember: Be careful out there today folks!

If someone gets "banned" from driving, who ensures that they don't drive? Sounds to me that these characters are taking the p**s out of the system, and getting away with it. Perhaps if anyone is caught driving whilst banned or without insurance. they should start with 12months prison, and double it each time they're subsequently caught.

I agree with Eagles solution, although if the car is relatively new and saleable, sell it!.

But this happens now does it not?

I do not get why all police cars and vans are not equipment with the number plate reading technology. I know it is expensive but surely getting these drivers off the road is a major safety issue. Maybe WBC instead of spending 500,000 on 20mph road signs could fund the equipment instead

But this happens now does it not?

I do not get why all police cars and vans are not equipment with the number plate reading technology. I know it is expensive but surely getting these drivers off the road is a major safety issue. Maybe WBC instead of spending 500,000 on 20mph road signs could fund the equipment instead

The figure is £750,000.... and no doubt that will go way over budget. So expect to see spends of over a million..... but they will laugh and shrug their shoulders and bleat on about public safety.....

I mean this pile of jokers spent over a million pounds putting in traffic lights in place of a roundabout in Westbrook.....