Welcome to the Middle East

asperity

Lets try something in your life time, how about Israel, was the State born out of a terrorist organisation.

Welcome mark7 :wink:

In your opinion mark, is Nelson Mandela a terrorist?

Not many terrorists make it on the cover of Time Magazine, and not many if any are voted on the list of the 100 most influential of the 20th century Asp, if any ?

Getting your face on the cover of a magazine absolves you from murder does it?

The state of Israel was formed before I was born, however as I stated in an earlier post Menachem Begin, who went on to become PM of Israel, was a terrorist. As was your hero Mandela. In fact my dad was in Palestine after the war with the RAF was shot at by terrorists. Violent times!

So we are still waiting to hear why you are so selective in your morals.

I think many Jews would disagree with on him, and as I stated earlier blacks were excluded from the government process in South Africa, as you know, and your advice to them was to wait, it would have ended eventually, how long would you have had them wait, please bare in mind how long they already had waited.

It doesn't matter what justification they thought they had, it doesn't make them "freedom fighters" rather than what they really were which is terrorists who used violence and murder against their own people as well as their perceived enemies to try and get their own way. You might be able to sanitise it in your own mind, and other people may want to treat them as heroes and lionise them, but the reality is that they were murderers the same as other terrorists the world over. There are people in other African countries who are kept in worse condition, even today, by their rulers than the black South Africans ever were, but I don't hear you cheering for them.

• 2 weeks later...