Welcome to the Middle East

asperity

The ANC and the IRA were not fighting oppression; they were fighting against the elected governments' of their respected countries. That is why they are terrorists and not freedom fighters or resistance fighters. They blow up innocent kids and women in order to further their aims and to try and destabilise the elected government

Resistance fighters such as the Norwegians and the French were fighting against an aggressive, armed occupation of their home countries which is completely different thing. They were fighting against an armed occupation of their country and responded with arms and violence themselves. Unlike in the case of terrorists; who will happily kill innocents as well as Police and Soldiers; the resistance actively targeted the occupying force and in the case of France; the puppet Vichy government in the South....collaborators....

Whether the elected governments' were elected by a minority of the people matters not. They were elected using the methods of that time.

That is the difference between terrorists and resistance fighters in the scenario you are arguing about. Google it....I did!

Baz, yes it does matter about the government, black people had no representation at all in apartheid South Africa, they were fighting for their Freedom, just like the Norwegians were. So that makes both freedom fighters. The Norwegians were setting bombs that killed their own people, and when they killed Germans the Germans would retaliate by killing innocent Norwegians, they new their actions would end up killing their own but it did not stop them.

As Clauswitz  said - "war is the pursuit of policy by other means". Where ideological differences cannot be resolved by politics (jaw jaw), folk resort to violence (war war) and the winner writes the history.  One of the few "non-violent" bids for "freedom of oppression" was by Ghandi in India, but that was met with violence, as the incumbent regime (Britain), sought to maintain order and power. So it all depends which side of the argument your on, as to who's a terrorists or a freedom fighter.

You really are tiresome in your efforts to deflect attention away from your admiration for a murderer Lt Kije.

As has already been pointed out the Norwegian resistance were fighting an invading army, and the support received from Churchill was only to be expected as they were fighting against a common enemy.

This doesn't alter the fact that Mandela founded a group of terrorists who used bombs and landmines against innocent civilian targets. Murderers in fact.

Are you going to explain the reasoning behind your selective morality? "They were fighting apartheid" doesn't cut it I'm afraid.

It does not matter who they were fighting or what, they were both fighting for the same thing FREEDOM. So that makes both freedom fighters doe it not?

The Norwegians killed innocents Asp, supplied by Mr Churchill, It is sad but in all Wars innocent people always die, I in no way support the IRA, but I do know that for some they are Freedom fighters, it does not sit well with me but theirs no point denying it, as the saying goes, one mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist, and its true!

You are the Norwegian resistance? I thought you were younger than that!

I have NO OPINION on the Norwegian, French, Polish or any other resistance fighters in a conflict that took place BEFORE I WAS EVEN A TWINKLE IN MY DAD'S EYE.

Is that clear enough for YOU Lt terrorist supporter Kije?