Welcome to the Middle East

asperity

Iran is backing Assad. The Gulf States are against Assad. Assad is against the Muslim Brotherhood. The Muslim Brotherhood and Obama are against General Sisi, however the Gulf States are pro Sisi which means they are against the Muslim Brotherhood. Iran is pro Hamas but Hamas is pro Muslim Brotherhood. Obama is backing the Muslim Brotherhood but Hamas is anti USA. The Gulf States are pro USA. But Turkey is with the Gulf States against Assad yet are pro Muslim Brotherhood and against General Sisi who is backed by the Gulf States.

Confused?

And Call me Dave and Wee Willie want us to go and play with this lot? There lies insanity!huh.pnghuh.pnghuh.png

• Upvote 1

You can't call Israel a normal democracy, lots of it Arab citizens are not aloud to vote, more like South Africa before the death of apartheid . And they have just started building again against UN instruction. It depends who you are when it comes to defying the UN, if you are an Arab you can't if you are Israeli you can.

America on its own is the only reason for Israel's continued existence Asp, it would have died along time ago if it were not for American aid in arms. They are very good friends.

• Upvote 2

I would be interested to see where you get your information Lt Kije, but this is what I found:

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Society_&_Culture/arabstat.html

It's certainly the nearest thing to a democratic state in the region at the moment, being surrounded by dictatorships. You seem to resent Israel's existence for some reason. Would you prefer another anti-western basket case dictatorship in it's stead? Or perhaps you like the idea of genocide.

I would be interested to see where you get your information Lt Kije, but this is what I found:

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Society_&_Culture/arabstat.html

It's certainly the nearest thing to a democratic state in the region at the moment, being surrounded by dictatorships. You seem to resent Israel's existence for some reason. Would you prefer another anti-western basket case dictatorship in it's stead? Or perhaps you like the idea of genocide.

Maybe he is a secret Hitler admirer!!

Apparently they  were testing their missile shield by firing a dud at Israel  ,but with America having been itching to have a go at Syria for years & the ultra  Islamic Iran not too far away this has the potential to become some conflict especially if Hezbollah & Israel decide to join the fight  & even Russia may be drawn in.Apparently there is now a threat to the Christians in Syria if the  rebels win the day.

Strange you should mention the BBC, indeed the media in general.  There has been no real questioning of this intent to intervene by the West imo; it's as if journalists and pundits are just being drawn along by events.  The first question is: is any unilateral intervention by the US legal in international law? Well the UN Secretary General doesn't seem to think so. Why this obsession with the use of chemical weapons, when the West has arsenals full of WMDs, which are there as an option for use. Why now, as it suddenly become imperative to take military action, when the "red line" has been allegedly crossed many times in the past - could it be that Assad is now winning?

Asp, South Africa under apartheid claimed to be a democracy. You might agree with your hero Maggie and think the same, but the jast majority know the truth. Also seems they are biulding on occupied land again, nothing will happen as the USA will Vito anything in the UN. Now that's what I call a good friend, you also might want to look at what the USA gives to Israel every year in support.

Are you denying the evidence that Arabs are able to become citizens of Israel, vote and become members of the government if they want to? And why shouldn't the USA support it's allies? Just what is your problem Lt Kije? You are really scratching the bottom of the barrel trying to find reasons why Israel should be wiped from existence. Are you Bin Laden's secret love child?

Maggie's policy on South Africa led to a faster end to apartheid.

you also might want to look at what the USA gives to Israel every year in support.

A very strange comment from someone who, in another topic on here, is a cheerleader for this country giving £Billions to the likes of India and Pakistan. The USA more than likely gets more benefit from it's largesse than we do.

The point I was trying to make Asp and you choose to ignore is America and Israel are very close, so close that Israel can rely onthe Americans for money, help with defence and the all important Veto in the UN, you were trying to say wrongly that they are not that close, something I think you have abandoned now.

Margaret Thatcher was a supporter of Apartheid Asp!!!, she did nothing for the majority in that Country and did as little as possible to bring the regime down. I suggest you google it, if you really want me to drive it home for you,I am willing, but I am trying to save you from embarrassment , not an easy task, I can tell you.

This is a hangover of the "cold war", which doesn't seem to have ended. Israel is a client State of the US, just as Syria is a client State of Russia; with both protecting their clients on the UN Security Council; which probably explains the motivations in relation to the current Syrian conflict.