maggoty bins

Evil Sid

I was going to start a new thread but it struck me the maggot forum is an appropriate place to discuse polotics.

Geoff is just trying to deflect attention from the crazy decision that his council have made.... Hopefully 2014 will see a cull of all these "do as I say" councillors and the election of those that want to look after the interests of council tax paying Warrington residents rather than worrying about rights for pikeys and the building of cycle lanes (that no one uses) and of screwing money from parking motorists....

we can but hope

So you standing for a ward  Baz J,  for what ward and under what banner?

PS: Question whu has latchford got two councilors?

I was going to start a new thread but it struck me the maggot forum is an appropriate place to discuse polotics.

So you standing for a ward  Baz J,  for what ward and under what banner?

PS: Question whu has latchford got two councilors?

No coffee, I'm not standing for a ward.... unfortunately I'm one of those that has to work and pay for these crazy decisions. If I was it would be under the banner of an independent Sensible!! first thing would be to cut the spending on cycle lanes and 20mph limits and put that to paying for repairing the roads and the like..... and definitely no spending on pikeys

I want to start a campaign to vote out EVERY councillor at the next election; they are all too comfy in their positions now; especially those that have made even local politics a career.... they all put party politics and sniping at each other before the people they are supposed to represent and that should have no place in local government.

Geoff.... posting a link to a website which states that food and composting waste is collected weekly has just totally destroyed your councils justification of fortnightly bin collections and them not being party to concerns about maggots and flies....     and   " I suppose it would have boosted their little lefty egos' to be able to blame it on the Tories funding cuts!"

Woking is of course a Conservative Council operating alternate weekly collections http://www.woking.gov.uk/environment/wasterecycle/householdwaste  Warrington also provides a bin for garden waste, whereas Woking provides a small bin (collected weekly) for food waste. Not sure where it goes - presumably not for landfill - but I'm not sure whether we should provide containers for food waste rather than encourage composting (admittedly not easy if you've not got a garden).

Those who can remember the "meat safe" (before fridges) might have some ideas about keeping flies off food,,,  and I suspect far less food was "wasted" then.

Those who can remember the "meat safe" (before fridges) might have some ideas about keeping flies off food,,,  and I suspect far less food was "wasted" then.

and the man with the red flag used to walk in front of those infernal machines with combustion engines....

Come on Cllr; this is the 21st Century... and while we are not all flying round the skies in our own personal hover cars as some predicted 50 years ago, technology has moved on...

people have been robbed of a service and even the recycling areas at ASDA and many other places have been taken away so the situation is even worse...... would you like to suggest putting those maggoty bin bags in the back of the family car and taking them to the nearest council tip (where some jobs worth will interrogate you as to what you are throwing away and where it came from and is it business waste).... They won't take business waste - unless it is old cable or machinery...strange that!

Maybe we could go one better and get a big truck with a thing on the back that picks the bins up and empties them.... you must know of a few parked up doing nothing for a few weeks every month???

• Upvote 1

Your link doesn't work Steve.... it says 'Sorry, but the document you have requested was not found on this site.' 

I just looked on Woking Councils web site though and they seem to have the whole waste collection/recyclings things sussed.  One of the things they do is a really good idea. 

They collect all sorts of small electrical items for recycling at the same time as normal waste or recycling bin collections... people just put them in a carrier bags next to their bins.  Maybe we should do that here as a lot of small electrical items undoubtably just go in peoples black bins.   I wonder where ours finish up or are they taken out and recycled ?

http://www.woking.gov.uk/environment/wasterecycle/householdwaste/weee

Woking is of course a Conservative Council operating alternate weekly collections http://www.woking.gov.uk/environment/wasterecycle/householdwaste  Warrington also provides a bin for garden waste, whereas Woking provides a small bin (collected weekly) for food waste. Not sure where it goes - presumably not for landfill - but I'm not sure whether we should provide containers for food waste rather than encourage composting (admittedly not easy if you've not got a garden).

I have no idea how old you are Steve but to quote the "meat safe" and keeping flies of food, bad example!, maggots were an everyday occurrence, flies come in a multitude of sizes and small flies could get through the zinc perforated holes in the meat safe doors laying eggs on the food. I think that you comedy councilors out to don your thinking caps, by all means collect bins every other week in late autumn to early spring then reschedule to once a week in summertime, for God's sake it's not rocket science!!!.

The house fly originated in the middle east and migrated with humans to the cooler cimatic conditions of northern and western Europe, another example of unwelcome/illegal immigrants from that area.

Scientists have calculated that a pair of flies beginning reproduction in April may be progenitors, under optiminal conditions and if all were to live, of 191,010,000,000,000,000,000 flies by August.

Blimey Algy I wish I'd not read that now, that's one heck of a large number.  No wonder we have so many flies :(

I was just about to say exactly the same about having weekly collections during say June to August too.

The council have already said that no bin men have lost their jobs since going fortnightly so surely as they are being paid anyway it wouldn't cost the council any more for them to come out weekly for a few months suring the summer (apart from petrol costs of course).

People would still recycle more as they have got into the habit of doing it now (the point of fortnightly was to encourage that if I remember rightly).

Also having just gone for some more fly spray only to find the local shops have sold out again (3rd time in just over a week) I wonder what harm we are all now doing to the environment by spraying the damn stuff everywhere or using other chemicals more frequently.

Double/treble bagging waste and/or using heavy duty bin sacks which presumably will take far longer to break down can't be good either.    

Dizzy.... this lot aren't bothered.... they are using the opportunity to point score by blaming the Tory cuts; despite the fact that they are getting millions in extra revenue from the new estates...

It is all a game to them and we are stuck slap bang in the middle...

if they stopped wasting money on <travellers> and cyclists there would be plenty left for "Proper" front line services

The council have already said that no bin men have lost their jobs since going fortnightly so surely as they are being paid anyway it wouldn't cost the council any more for them to come out weekly for a few months suring the summer (apart from petrol costs of course).

There are coming out weekly - one week for black bins, one for blue and green.

But where is all the extra time going that they have saved as they used to come out for the black bins every week and the blue bins every other week. That being the case they are now doing less work surely.

Take our bin collection for example. originally it was one week of black bins and one week of black bins and blue bins. so that is one crew for a week and two crews for the next week. Now it is blue bins one week and black bins the next which make it one crew one week and one crew the next week. so what are the crew that used to collect my blue or black bin doing. No bin men have been sacked or laid off so that extra crew that was working must either be working on something else or sat in the yard drinking tea.

I see that censorship is alive and well on here.... never in a million years would I ever call them <travellers> so thank you to whoever has doctored my post.

They aren't an ethnic minority or a protected species you know; they are a bunch of low life thieves who have no regard for the laws or the people they disturb and upset. How this council can have a whole committee to look after their interests is beyond me...

Rant Over..... how do I leave the forum? I cannot find a "leave the censored forum" button

• Upvote 1

If they have a bin collected weekly then Woking have a weekly bin collection.

No coffee, I'm not standing for a ward.... unfortunately I'm one of those that has to work and pay for these crazy decisions. If I was it would be under the banner of an independent Sensible!! first thing would be to cut the spending on cycle lanes and 20mph limits and put that to paying for repairing the roads and the like..... and definitely no spending on pikeys

I want to start a campaign to vote out EVERY councillor at the next election; they are all too comfy in their positions now; especially those that have made even local politics a career.... they all put party politics and sniping at each other before the people they are supposed to represent and that should have no place in local government.

Shame,

Don't know about cycle lanes but the 20mph is a EU directive and seems to be embraced by all three main parties,

I see that censorship is alive and well on here.... never in a million years would I ever call them <travellers> so thank you to whoever has doctored my post.

They aren't an ethnic minority or a protected species you know; they are a bunch of low life thieves who have no regard for the laws or the people they disturb and upset. How this council can have a whole committee to look after their interests is beyond me...

Rant Over..... how do I leave the forum? I cannot find a "leave the censored forum" button

Actually they are an ethnic minority recognised by the  EU and protected by UK, law but not in Irish law.

Even if they do stop traveling and move into a house they are still seen as an ethnic minority.

Crazy I know!!!

This does not apply to new age travellers

I'm not sure there is a 'leave' button but I can delete you if you like :lol:

Oh stuff it... delete me too someone or point me in the direction to 'leave' if I have missed it please   :lol:

It was ME BAZ (or 'CENSORED' as you now want to be known) ......  I EDITED YOUR POST !!!  

No reason for you to spit your dummy out though and to change your forum name though surely..... although your new name does suit you :lol:

Just remember that what ever is put on here Gary/Warrington Worldwide are ultimately responsible for...  I'm not and it makes no difference to me and I'll never be held responsible.. but I know what is acceptable, what isn't and what may/may not have been complained about in the past so have to air on the side of caution.

By the way IDGAFFRNWAS :P    

So shall we go back to bins, flies and maggots now....... do I post a big kiss too now or what.... or shall we just swat and spray each other ?  :lol:   :wink:

Shame,

Don't know about cycle lanes but the 20mph is a EU directive and seems to be embraced by all three main parties,

Actually they are an ethnic minority recognised by the  EU and protected by UK, law but not in Irish law.

Even if they do stop traveling and move into a house they are still seen as an ethnic minority.

Crazy I know!!!

This does not apply to new age travellers

The stupid EU lot might recognise them as such; but when their own country know what they are really like and that recent programme on TV showed what they were really like and how they prey on the vulnerable all over Europe and rake in millions of tax free cash and own virtually a complete village in Southern Ireland not just a house... then the real truth is out there.

I don't recognise the EU as a lawful entity as it is full of corruption and I have never had a chance to vote for it. The only people who did supposedly did so on my behalf; but we all know they did it for their own interests and certainly not mine

I'm not sure there is a 'leave' button but I can delete you if you like :lol:

Oh stuff it... delete me too someone or point me in the direction to 'leave' if I have missed it please   :lol:

It was ME BAZ (or 'CENSORED' as you now want to be known) ......  I EDITED YOUR POST !!!  

No reason for you to spit your dummy out though and to change your forum name though surely..... although your new name does suit you :lol:

Just remember that what ever is put on here Gary/Warrington Worldwide are ultimately responsible for...  I'm not and it makes no difference to me and I'll never be held responsible.. but I know what is acceptable, what isn't and what may/may not have been complained about in the past so have to air on the side of caution.

By the way IDGAFFRNWAS :P    

So shall we go back to bins, flies and maggots now....... do I post a big kiss too now or what.... or shall we just swat and spray each other ?  :lol:   :wink:

What Dizzy says is right.

We have actually been contacted by the council and the police in the past regarding some of the "racist" comments made on here regarding travellers.

We have removed posts deemed to be offensive in the past - so I am not quite sure why you are taking such a stance this time.

• Downvote 1