Increase of shipping MSC ?

Dizzy

Like or not Stockton Heath is a small district of Warrington

Stockton Heath was always part of Cheshire until it was incorporated into the borough of Warrington in about 1979. 

Warrington was still classed as Lancashire.

So as Warrington is now Cheshire seems you true Wazza's joined us snobby southerners  rather than the other way around :lol:  :P

Or something like that anyway.

At least then Wariington proper won't have to subsidise your cheap parking anymore. 

'Warrington proper' eh... now who's sounding like a snob   :lol:  :lol:  :P

Going by the potholes that I are appearing in SH Forge car park again I wonder where the all money generated from parking revenue and fines there is actually going though as it's certainly not going on the upkeep of the car park.

I hope they don't get as big as they did earlier in the year again.... but then again they were good for testing spatial awareness, maneuverability skills and reflex actions either on foot or by car (yes I tripped down one walking the dog but my own fault I guess)  :lol:  8)

I wonder if the people of Stockton Heath Village ever come into North Warrington or is it beneath them.......

Of course we all regularly come over to the North Coffee how else would we spread our nasty germs and viruses :lol:  

Stockton Heath was always part of Cheshire until it was incorporated into the borough of Warrington in about 1979. 

Warrington was still classed as Lancashire.

So as Warrington is now Cheshire seems you true Wazza's joined us snobby southerners  rather than the other way around :lol:  :P

Or something like that anyway.

74 Dizzy

who joined who is really not relevant is it?

I hope they don't get as big as they did earlier in the year again.... but then again they were good for testing spatial awareness, maneuverability skills and reflex actions either on foot or by car (yes I tripped down one walking the dog but my own fault I guess)  :lol:  8)

must be a lot of profit from free parking

probably why there is so many 4 x 4s around the rural village of stockton heath

'Warrington proper' eh... now who's sounding like a snob   :lol:  :lol:  :P

Going by the potholes that I are appearing in SH Forge car park again I wonder where the all money generated from parking revenue and fines there is actually going though as it's certainly not going on the upkeep of the car park.

I have always been a snob Dizzy, most Bewsey folk are, you know that lol,  at least I stopped short of describing the Southern areas as Warrington Inferior :wink:  Now if no one is using the car parks in your leafy suburbs what is causing the pot holes in the surface of said car park, the local fox hunt :wink:

I know the biggest majority of Warringtonions, North and South are just normal folk and that Inky Pete is the exception.

My dearest PJ from over the other side.........

1st post reply......It's Walton Inferior actually as you know and no I have never seen a fox hunt going through the car park.    :lol:   Maybe the ware and tear it because of night time car parking for of all the bars, pubs and restaurants (always really busy as I go through most nights about 7 ish).  Hey there's a thought... THEY ALL GET TO PARK FOR FREE and they are the businesses raking in the money!! 

In reality it's probably just down to lack of proper maintenance though and has been for years :wink:

You know what though, my other half's from Bewsey and although I definitely wouldn't call him a snob he does seem to have an inbuilt chip on his shoulder at times that makes him behave a little odd and dislike people just for the sake of it :lol:  

2nd post reply.... Does your wife know about that PJ.   :lol:   

EDIT...

3rd post reply.... ha ha :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

My dearest PJ from over the other side.........

2nd post reply.... Does your wife know about that PJ.   :lol:   

My marauding South days are long behind me Dizzy, I was using the Royal "we"

I wonder if the Lymmites may consider putting Inky into a Wicker Man?

Good to hear that PJ .... maybe just covering your back though eh in case Mrs PJ is reading  :lol:

Aww but why's Inky getting such a hard time PJ and Coffee ? 

Freeborn John wanted to blow all the bridges up between the two sides of the canal and take control of the Warburton Bridge :lol:   That really made me giggle by the way FBJ :lol:

Good to hear that PJ .... maybe just covering your back though eh in case Mrs PJ is reading  :lol:

Aww but why's Inky getting such a hard time PJ and Coffee ? 

Freeborn John wanted to blow all the bridges up between the two sides of the canal and take control of the Warburton Bridge :lol:   That really made me giggle by the way FBJ :lol:

I think its because we can spot the difference between sarcasm and cynicism Dizzy :wink:

and our womenfolk aren't allowed to learn the magic of the Runes so I'm safe, but I'll write it small and hide her glasses just in case........

As a Lancashire (and proud of) born and bred Warringtonian brought up in my early years in Latchford and lived in Cheshire since 1962 I personally couldn't care less about the false boundary created by the big ditch and can't for the life of me understand the squabling about who lives where, for goodness sake we live in the district of Warrington the town that gave work to the people living in town plus those living on the outskirts, the fact that factory owners and many professional people had houses built in Grappenhall, Stockton Heath etc. has nothing to do with those places being better than Orford, Longford etc. they went for cheap farm land readily accessible to build their houses on, the farmers they purchased the land from were poor by comparison and eager to sell, the houses they built brought added value to the area which to some degree has remained as such, but please remember that in Stockton Heath, Grappenhall, Thelwall and Lymm there are many families that are struggling to make ends meet.

Just as an aside, what the Hell has all this got to do with the MSC having more ships sailing up and down?.

• Upvote 1

As a Lancashire (and proud of) born and bred Warringtonian brought up in my early years in Latchford and lived in Cheshire since 1962 I personally couldn't care less about the false boundary created by the big ditch and can't for the life of me understand the squabling about who lives where, for goodness sake we live in the district of Warrington the town that gave work to the people living in town plus those living on the outskirts, the fact that factory owners and many professional people had houses built in Grappenhall, Stockton Heath etc. has nothing to do with those places being better than Orford, Longford etc. they went for cheap farm land readily accessible to build their houses on, the farmers they purchased the land from were poor by comparison and eager to sell, the houses they built brought added value to the area which to some degree has remained as such, but please remember that in Stockton Heath, Grappenhall, Thelwall and Lymm there are many families that are struggling to make ends meet.

Just as an aside, what the Hell has all this got to do with the MSC having more ships sailing up and down?.

Algy, your common sense is standing in the way of a good bicker :lol:  :wink:

Nothing I guess it just turned that way.

, the fact that factory owners and many professional people had houses built in Grappenhall, Stockton Heath

I seem to recall from school the reason why the South of towns is usually where the rich settled is because of the wind, I seem to recall from school a geography lesson; It is because the wind blow more frequently toward the north and so took all the pollution from the factory chimneys away from where they l;ived, but because land was cheap in the north that is where they put the workers. it is one of very few things I learnt in school. I recall the lesson was late afternoon so I might have been day dreaming about having a cigarette or something  and the teacher was talking about something else though

Looking to move soon, thinking of maybe getting an apartment in Lymm and become one of the southerners!!!

Wolfie uskoa minua El Kahvin haluaisit ei tykkää, vietin jonkin aikaa toimi Suomi ja suomalaiset eivät pidä puhua politiikasta, tulla, että elleivät he oppivat tuntemaan sinut he eivät mielellään puhu.

The written English language does not translate easily into Finnish and very often does not make sense, (as indeed do other languages) we had to use an interpreter especially when attempting to understand maintenance procedures for their equipment.

Wolfie uskoa minua El Kahvin haluaisit ei tykkää, vietin jonkin aikaa toimi Suomi ja suomalaiset eivät pidä puhua politiikasta, tulla, että elleivät he oppivat tuntemaan sinut he eivät mielellään puhu.

The written English language does not translate easily into Finnish and very often does not make sense, (as indeed do other languages) we had to use an interpreter especially when attempting to understand maintenance procedures for their equipment.

Did a week in Finland, beautiful Country. (Very Cold) didn't have any conversation about politics, they are fearlessly proud of how they stood up to the Russians in WW2, Less so on how they joined Germany, but as they saw it they had no choice. Would like to go exploring but don't think I could persuade Mrs Kije, as she likes the Sun and a pool.

Did a week in Finland, beautiful Country. (Very Cold) didn't have any conversation about politics, they are fearlessly proud of how they stood up to the Russians in WW2, Less so on how they joined Germany, but as they saw it they had no choice. Would like to go exploring but don't think I could persuade Mrs Kije, as she likes the Sun and a pool.

I worked there in Nov Dec 1984 at a place called Joutseno on the Finnish Eastern border with Russia, it was very cold with temperatures down to -28 with a wind chill of -37, after talking to the lads at the factory about there summers I could see the potential for a nice peaceful holiday in their summertime, my wife and I holidayed there every summer for ten years and only stopped going after the break up of the USSR as the Russians started coming across the border staying at the hotels and they proved to be an uncouth loutish lot. Shame really as once you made friends with a Finn they would be your friend for life. Summers are short but generally hot, we landed at Helsinki Vantaa airport and when we got off the plane the temperature was +34, they tend have thunderstorms in July though.

Ooops sorry!, I seem to have veered off topic. :oops: