An English Lesson

asperity

I'd imagine somewhat sun scorched (dried out?) and wind battered and also slightly wobbly on land legs too Cleo :wink:  

There's always Eagle though as an alternative... maybe a bit flighty and very strong nail clippers, a bag over the head and a tether might come in handy :lol:   

You’re right, it is your hat and they’re wrong. Just because it was on their chair when they returned there, doesn’t make it theirs.

We’re living in a time when people have no sense of right or wrong. Things were so much better when we were growing up; where has the feeling of community gone?

Back then, we a little more respect than youngsters of today will ever know; no, we had far more respect.

Two pounds would buy you a cab to town and enough left over for a couple of pints too….

Really, I don't know why I asked. Sorry, nothing personal asperity, but I'm not inerested in doing detention, or anything else with you or anyone else. A momentary lapse, after which I felt so guilty and disloyal to my recently deceased husband. i know in myself that I was just being flippant but I cried my eyes out afterwards when the pain of his passing once again stabbed at my heart. Sorry.

Cleo never apologise for your feelings be they guilt,joy or sadness. Feelings are what make us what we are and the fact that you can still have a momentary lapse proves that you still feel his presence close to you as he was when he was alive.

As for English anybody who can manage to write and spell correctly (and I don't just mean the word itself) after being brought up in Lancashire and working alongside wiganers, lethers and scousers must be on a par with the best linguists in the world.

Cleo.... it is 25 years since I lost my first wife; I still have my "moments".... a certain song or a certain place etc. We are only human and have feelings of loss that only those who have been there will ever understand