Life doesn't mean life -

Another for Kije's list of mistakes:-

Ian McCloughlin killed and was jailed in 1983, released in 1990 killed again and jailed again, released this year and killed again yesterday. Ignoring the first permit to kill again, even Kije must admit that allowing it to happen twice must be incompetence.

I have answered your question, the murderer goes back to prison, now you answer my question, what happens when the State kill the wrong person, do the family of that person have the right to Pursue the people through the courts as other murdered families have, if not what happens?. State murder is still murder at the end of the day!!. We also live in a Country that is supposed to be Christian, Can you pick and choose what Christian values you want to observe, or do you practice what is preached ?????. Perhaps the last question should be answered by someone who would say they are Christian, Perhaps we are no longer a Christian Country and we should no longer hold up Christian values, it would certainly make it easier to bring back the death penalty.

You haven't answered my question at all, you have answered a question that you would have liked to have been asked. The question I asked was:

"Why say that mistakes sometimes happen when a murderer is released who goes on to commit more murder, but not accept the mistakes that may sometimes happen with capital punishment?"

I have answered your question, the murderer goes back to prison, now you answer my question, what happens when the State kill the wrong person, do the family of that person have the right to Pursue the people through the courts as other murdered families have, if not what happens?. State murder is still murder at the end of the day!!. We also live in a Country that is supposed to be Christian, Can you pick and choose what Christian values you want to observe, or do you practice what is preached ?????. Perhaps the last question should be answered by someone who would say they are Christian, Perhaps we are no longer a Christian Country and we should no longer hold up Christian values, it would certainly make it easier to bring back the death penalty.

what an absolute load of tosh...

when this country WAS a Christian country (when we didn't bend over backwards to accommodate every other faith on the planet that is) we had the death penalty and we had a very low murder rate.

There were very few executions which could be called a bit shaky "let him have it Chris" and all that....

"State murder" as you put it is NOT murder it is state sanctioned execution or killing; just like when our troops go to war and kill the fuzzy wuzzys.... it is classed as legal and so is not murder

Interesting point from Eagle about Ian McCloughlin though; don't you think? What would you do with him Kije? I know what I'd do and I would gladly do it free of charge. I am not a Christian as there is no god of any description; science tells us that.... ignorant people in the past followed and worshipped all sorts of gods and suns and stars and anything that manipulative people could get them to believe in; that way they can take control of those lives and use them as they wish.... religion? There's more chance of the tooth fairy being real than god

I can accept mistakes happen, but what happens now is the murderer goes back to prison. So will you now answer my question or will you dodge ?

and in the case of Ian McCloughlin gets out again and murders for a third time..... try explaining that to the family of his latest victim

Of course the family can take the state to court. As for your statement that the murderer goes back to prison, what use is that to the second (or more) innocent person(s) murdered. I can accept the argument that capital punishment is inhumane and perhaps barbaric, but if we still had hanging and an innocent man were hung by mistake, that is still only one innocent life lost while the situation now is that some murderers are released to kill again and again. A moral dilemma which I'm glad I don't have to adjudicate on.

Baz A simple yes or no for this question will do. Is the United Kingdom a Christian Country?

That has nothing to do with it.... but I will humour you and your "answer my questions otherwise I won't answer yours" attitude... Yes. I would say it is a Christian country; but only just and despite your liberal luvvies trying to turn us in to a "multicultural hell-hole"....

But as I pointed out; in our hey day of executions we were a far more Christian country than we are now so your argument just doesn't wash.....

The way things are going, we may end up as a Muslim country and then you would be knackered when they brought in sharia law!!!

So we are a Christian Country and we promote Christian values, doesn't sit well with the death penalty does it?, or are you just promoting the Christian values you yourself like and forgetting about the ones you don't?. It's easier for you and me Baz as non of us is Christian, but their are a lot of people who say they are Christian and also want the death penalty. You simply can't have both.

So we are a Christian Country and we promote Christian values, doesn't sit well with the death penalty does it?, or are you just promoting the Christian values you yourself like and forgetting about the ones you don't?. It's easier for you and me Baz as non of us is Christian, but their are a lot of people who say they are Christian and also want the death penalty. You simply can't have both.

As I said previously (and you have chosen to ignore) When the death penalty was in place this country was a far far more Christian country than it is now..... there were very few Black, Asian or very few of anybody apart from white British people.... so lets discuss, would you agree that when we had the death penalty, the UK was more of a Christian country than it is now (Church going numbers have declined massively since the 60's don't forget)

And what Christian values am I supposed to be promoting? I am not a Christian and neither am I Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist or any other religion for that matter.... it's all brainwashing nonsense and the British have woken up to the fact. All we need now is the rest of the religious sheep to follow suit and the world, never mind Britain, would be a much better place....

Anyway.... answer my question for once; When the death penalty was in place this country was Britain a more Christian country than it is now?

Baz, if you had bothered to read my post I did mention that you were not a Christian, along with myself.

Anyway.... answer my question for once; When the death penalty was in place this country was Britain a more Christian country than it is now?

No it wasn't, 

so you are saying that less people went to church and classed themselves as Christians when we had the death penalty than do now?

and where did you get this information from because for years the church has been reporting dramatically falling numbers; with churches closing and being turned into houses and even mosques!!

please share; I am interested to know

Many people say they are christian, but are not really, the amount of actual bible bashers remains about the same, As a christian you can't pick and choose what to believe, you either believe or you don't, A central tenet of the Christian religion is forgiveness.  

Many people say they are christian, but are not really, the amount of actual bible bashers remains about the same, As a christian you can't pick and choose what to believe, you either believe or you don't, A central tenet of the Christian religion is forgiveness.  

are you drunk?

there were more practising Christians when we had the death penalty than now.... unless you can prove otherwise; your argument is unfounded and we should get the death penalty back because Christian values mean absolutely jack to the majority of the population

I'm old enough to remember the crowds (of christians) gathering outside the prison on the occasion of an execution. They would sing Abide With Me  and The Lord's My Shepherd. A priest would accompany the prisoner to the scaffold quoting from his bible as they went and praying for the soul of the about to executed prisoner.
Executions would take place at noon and on the stroke of 12 there was silence outside the prison, the lever would be pulled and the prisoner dispatched. Albert Pierrepoint was the last hangman in the uk and I believe he hanged more prisoners than any before him.

Will somebody PLEASE define Christian values.

After which can somebody then tell me how they relate to the world as is.

Are these the same Christian values that forbade all other religions and sent armies to smite the "heathens" who did not believe or are they the Christian values that say turn the other cheek and ignore any wrong doing and violence towards your self.

One final question how many Christian do you know who have EVER read the bible cover to cover?