Passport to hell

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right Asperity, anything that is electronically stored can be copied and reproduced. Ironically the Government will use these stolen ID figures to justify having the ID system they propose in a downward spiral of stupidity. I am hoping my own party will come out in total opposition to the proposed ID system, I notice the Lib Dems have and good on them for that.

[ 14.05.2006, 11:19: Message edited by: Paul Kennedy ]

You're right, no doubt Forums such as this are also monitored. :o

Saw the following article in today's Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=DDTBUX5QVQDKZQFIQMGSFFWAVCBQWIV0?xml=/news/2006/05/16/nid16.xml

I think identity theft will just get a whole lot worse when all this new nonsense is introduced and then when they export the management of the database to India etc in order to reduce costs. Maybe they should just scrap it all now, and to reduce bogus passport applications, do what they are terrified of doing, select those for detailed investigation by "stereotyping" and the appliance of commonsense.

• 2 months later...

They were ?42 last December, they will be ?66 from October, just under a 60% increase in less than than a year, whilst I accept that they are valid 10 years, it is still a big initial outlay for a typical family of 4 on an average income. In the "old days", well actually not so long ago, you could have a family passport.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=397372&in_page_id=1770

[ 24.07.2006, 16:18: Message edited by: Paul Kennedy ]

• 1 year later...

'animal farm' predictions come to mind

it seems that living abroad as a Brit is much simpler and nicer too. I just collect a form from the local PO fill it in and then post it away for my renewal passport - then the nice simple PO sends me back a new one. There I always knew the antipodeas would outshine the 'old queen'!

We will soon be a republic hurrah!

ps - wonder whether the royals have the same problem or do they have private interviews at the palace?