Privacy?

observer

If the State Security Services entered your house in the night, bagged all your personal correspondence and stored it away for 30 days; but with the clear condition that they wouldn't read any of it - would you be angry?  Well, it seems, that's what GCHQ are doing with your electronic mail !  Time for an independent regulator to exercise some over-sight or what?  Ooops forgot, they had that with the CQC checking on the NHS, didn't quite work did it?! 

Funnily enough we have a facebook account &  when our computer is turned on at the start of our day facebook takes quite a bit longer to load up than it used to. I wonder if that  due to GCHQ giving us the once over.  Incidentally we are not using the Royal "we" in this post. 

Has anyone else come across this problem ?

If the state security want to bag all my personal correspondence and store it for thirty days then they are welcome. save a bit of room in the recycle bin as most of it is telling me how to save money on my car/bike/house/life insurance, get the cheapest broadband/tv/phone/mobile rates or order the best indian/chinese/english/polish/italian takeaways.

Not too different to what I get on the internet spam filters really 8)

I would imagine in the case of a child (or anyone of any age)  being murdered Obs the Police would investigate every associated person and angle they could think of and that would obviously include immediate family too I guess  (but then again I don't know exactly what you are referring to as you haven't been specific... nowt new there then with your posts though)  :P

That must have been awful Asp (even with the explanation why).  Like Lt says it must be very frightening and very hard indeed to go through that when at the same time you are grieving the sudden loss of a close family member or friend but wondering what 'could' happen to you too if someone somewhere (police or media) happens to piece the bits together incorrectly before realising their mistake.