Teachers on strike yet again

Bazj

As I have said many times i have dyslexia, and when I post from a phone big thumbs and no spell checker :wink:

The strike will not effect me directly, but I will suffer as people I work with will have to take a day off, and I will be expected to cover. Glad that you would not take the right to strike away 8)

so it will actually affect you directly as you will have to do other peoples work as they cannot come to work as the teachers are striking.  Will you be paid any extra or are you expected to do unpaid work in order to keep the business going despite the actions of a small section of the workforce who can cause mayhem in their quest for wealth?

Of course I would have more respect for Gove if he didn't believe that paying peanuts gets you monkeys, and as such backed the proposed £20,000 a year pay increase for mp's to go along with their gold-plated pensions and personal expenses.  "a group of already well paid and extremely well treated civil servants."

Of course I would have more respect for Gove if he didn't believe that paying peanuts gets you monkeys, and as such backed the proposed £20,000 a year pay increase for mp's to go along with their gold-plated pensions and personal expenses.  "a group of already well paid and extremely well treated civil servants."

just because one bunch of underworked Civil Servants are arrogant enough to consider themselves underpaid, it doesn't make it right for all of them to feel similarly aggrieved

Paid!!!!!!!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

No I will just have to cover, and like most others I will do it, as I have sympathy for the teachers and the people with kids, probably like yourself PJ that will be effected, but never forget it was the government and Mr Gove who forced the issue.

• Upvote 2

Teachers are supposed to teach and they also have a duty of car towards each child placed within their care so I presume it is difficult to separate the two neatly for you Observer

Whats duty of car????

Or are you just "failing miserably in the literacy department"

Don't tell me when you were at school the teachers were on strike :lol:

So what's the beef PJ? That the kids aren't being properly educated - cos frankly imo, that applies in any case, and has done for at least the past 20 years. Or is it that we've nowhere to dump our kids? In which case, perhaps "the big society" could help, by providing volunteers to child mind at the schools while the teachers aren't there; thus allowing you to carry on working?!

Are Teachers there to teach or are they glorified child minders? Just asking! :lol:

well for the short amount of time that they are actually in work each day - and for the likes of Great Sankey High School; they finish at 2:30 in the afternoon, they are meant to teach and ensure a safe and secure environment for the children in their care. After that time each day and for the weekends and for the vast amounts of holidays they get; they are free to do whatever they wish to do as it is outside their contracted hours.

If, as Wolfie states; they have been on a work-to-rule for over a year, that shouldn't have to include any extra curriculum activities, lesson planning or marking etc. If they do such things; then they are done either because they want to do them or they are terms of their contracts.

Just like Kije may work that extra unpaid hour to make sure the power station keeps the lights on or the extra unpaid hours people like myself have done over the years to keep my customers happy and the unpaid hours spent preparing tax and VAT returns to make sure the government gets its money to pay the civil servants. If everyone stopped doing that for example; the country would soon run out of money!

Do your striking in the times that don't affect the people from whom you are looking for support and there may be more sympathy, but as PJ says; its all about the money, money, money

Form the NUT website:

"Teachers are under attack with regard to workload, pensions, pay, conditions and job security.  Our professional status is being denigrated and undermined."

Workload - LOL

Pensions - Better than most workers in full time employment

Pay - Definitely better than most workers in full time employment

Conditions - They work in a school, with heating, lighting, a staff room, TV's food and a bell to tell them when its time to go home..... try working on a cold, damp dangerous building site for a few months doing hard manual work and then moan about conditions

Job Security - If a school has ten classes then it needs at least ten teachers.... I haven't read anywhere that they are replacing teachers with lollypop men

and as for the last sentence; they are doing a mighty fine job of denigrating and undermining their professional status all by themselves thank you very much

Paid!!!!!!!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

No I will just have to cover, and like most others I will do it, as I have sympathy for the teachers and the people with kids, probably like yourself PJ that will be effected, but never forget it was the government and Mr Gove who forced the issue.

FYI I am not affected by this strike in any way.

Whats duty of car????

Or are you just "failing miserably in the literacy department"

Don't tell me when you were at school the teachers were on strike :lol:

stunned a dyslexic would notice such a minor typo tbh.  Congratulations, you may be a lucky man or a massive liar lol

• Upvote 1

Me neither...

Just looking at the NUT website even further; I cannot find any mention anywhere about how their strikes will affect the kids in their charge or the impact it will have on the lives of the parents and society as a whole. To me it sets a bad example to kids; showing that if you don't get what you want in life you just make other people suffer instead.... so much for professionalism

and looking at the following statement regarding the ballot for the strike; I think the NUT needs to brush up not only on their maths but also on the meaning of some big English words like "overwhelmingly" because try as I might; I am struggling to find overwhelming support in 80% of a 27% overall response! :lol: .... or is that just the modern way of teaching I wonder!!?

NUT members overwhelmingly supported the call for joint action with the NASUWT on pay and working conditions. On a turnout of 27 per cent the results were as follows:

England

Question 1 (discontinuous strike action)                    83.4 per cent in favour
Question 2 (action short of strike action)                   93.1 per cent in favour

Wales

Question 1 (discontinuous strike action                      81.0 per cent in favour
Question 2 (action short of strike action)                   92.9 per cent in favour

Sixth Form Colleges

Question 1 (discontinuous strike action)                    81.2 per cent in favour
Question 2 (action short of strike action)                   93.1 per cent in favour

Edited by Dizzy

There you go Baz....  I'm trying not to post as I may I say something about 'some'  bloody so called teachers that I shouldn't ..... typo corrected as it gave my fingers something to do that wont get me or mine in trouble

so on the say so of 80 or so percent of 27 percent of teachers, (just over a fifth) all parents must be put out and our childrens education disrupted because this minority believe it is right to put their own grasp for cash ahead of the needs of the general populace.  How special they are.

• Upvote 1

stunned a dyslexic would notice such a minor typo tbh.  Congratulations, you may be a lucky man or a massive liar lol

I probably would have let it go PJ, but so soon after you had ago at me.I was not going to miss such an open goal, I see your still playing with post voting, have you not got bored with that yet :wink: