Are the Americans Spying on us

Lt Kije

It appears the Americans are spying on us, They can spy on us but their own laws stop them spying on American citizens. As most of the big severs are in the States and they have access to them, they can look, and we cant stop them. Should we be concerned, as they can do to us, but not to their own citizens ????

I think everyone reads too much into these stories Kije; unless you keep posting on facebook and public forums about your love for the Taliban and how you are off to Pakistan for a crash course in suicide bombing; there is nothing to worry about....... facebooking your mistress to tell her about the next meeting at IKEA is hardly likely to get the armed police kicking your door in at 3am is it?

You have to be able to prove the Americans are spying on you or have evidence, I don't think they will let you know if they are, Just remember if you are being followed by someone in a bad wig, like the guy in Russia, it might be time to leave the Country :lol:

To be honest I don't really care if they are 'spying' on all my internet searches or activity although in the case of all my emails, phone calls (landline and mobile) and texts I do actually feel rather sorry for them as they must be bored stiff by all my twaddle by now.  

Seriously though if 'spying' is a means by governments/intelligence agencies to catch terrorists or other criminals then so be it and I'll sleep better at night knowing that at least they are trying to catch them out by their movements.

Surely publicising all the facts all the time will mean that the 'bad guys' will all revert to other methods of contact though.  Pens, paper, letters, postcards (whatever)... will the post office for example be able to keep up and notice any 'trends' or will they just be happy with the increase in stationery and stamp sales ?    

Sounds fine Dizzy, but their own legal system stops them doing it to themselves, so they cant track Americans, so as long as the Criminals and terrorists aren't American you are ok, A bit sad of them to inflict on the rest of the World, what they cant do to their own citizens.

Your right Mary; and it's been the practise of insecure regimes throughout history. It's all a question of balance - between security and freedom of speech. Rather ironic though, that with the Chinese tapping into the US systems, they'll be getting the info too ! Welcome to the new cyber space age !

It appears the Americans are spying on us, They can spy on us but their own laws stop them spying on American citizens. As most of the big severs are in the States and they have access to them, they can look, and we cant stop them. Should we be concerned, as they can do to us, but not to their own citizens ????

Seriously Lt. I am amazed that you are surprised that the US would not spy on us, why would they not, do you think that given the technology and opportunity we would not spy on them, we probably do so anyway. There is little trust in this small world with all and sundry watching and listening to everyone else plus let's face it we are only a small spoke in the American wheel anyway.

If the amount of spam in my spam folder is anything to go by then maybe they are spying on their own people as most of it seems to be from america claiming to be able to get me up to 110% off certain medication to help improve something. (cannot tell you what as the length of the description usually goes off the end of the screen) :oops:  :oops:

If they want to monitor my emails fine by me, they will be able to get many of the fine offers from directline insurance, go compare,pontins and the nigerian lottery that I seem to have won for the fifty sixth time.

Watch what I do on the web if they need to, have loads of game sites listed that I visit. keep a check on my facebook by all means and see how many requests to play candy crush I have ignored. If they are really desperate they can even monitor the information that I put on the WNCBA website and see how well the Alford Hall C team is doing in this years crown green bowls league.

As for google was quite amused when watching an interview with some chap who was fighting in some country or other explaining all the new technology that they had access to after being asked if he was worried that the opposition had laser guided and gps guided bombs plus the latest sattelite imagery.  One of the items he mentioned in his arsenal of technological enhancements was a Smartphone with google maps and street view. Makes you wonder ahy we are spending so much on defence and stealth technology doe it not. :mrgreen:

Algy, They have always spied on us, what they are doing goes much further, anything you do on a computer which uses an American server, which is just about everything you do on a computer, they have access to. They have laws in place in the USA to protect their own citizens from this kind of intrusion. They can't do it to their own citizens. Do you not find that odd?

Algy, They have always spied on us, what they are doing goes much further, anything you do on a computer which uses an American server, which is just about everything you do on a computer, they have access to. They have laws in place in the USA to protect their own citizens from this kind of intrusion. They can't do it to their own citizens. Do you not find that odd?

I dont know about odd it's intrusive!.