Band venues

Bill

Had a good free music night out last night down at the Mill House on Cinnamon Brow. This was only the second time I’ve been down there and both times there were really good bands playing. A couple of weeks back it was the very excellent Escape Committee performing their usual collection of timeless classics, while last night was the three piece St Helens group the Jalepenos. I met up with Tracy (TLC) who used to moderate the forum before Diz, in fact I keep meeting Tracy these days so much so I think she may be stalking me!  :lol:

Anyhow, just thought I’d mention this place as an alternative venue to some of the town pubs that can get a bit to rowdy for oldies like me. 

Bill :)

Escape Committee :shock:  :shock:  OMG Bill did you know they were on before you went a few weeks back  and WHY didn't you mention it on here. 

Please tell me they didn't sing 'Cant find my way home'  too or I'll actually feel like I sort of hate you now !!!  :cry:   

Well I didn't know they were playing there until that Friday and that's sort of the problem with the place in that the owners of the pub don't seem to be doing much in the way of advertising. They said they use Facebook but checking it out, the info on there seems to only appear a few days in advance and that's not really good enough. They should at least have some kind of program of whats up and coming so that people can make arrangements or spread the word rather than it being a last minute thing.

Cant find my way home? never heard them play that one  :mrgreen:

Well I didn't know they were playing there until that Friday and that's sort of the problem with the place in that the owners of the pub don't seem to be doing much in the way of advertising. They said they use Facebook but checking it out, the info on there seems to only appear a few days in advance and that's not really good enough. They should at least have some kind of program of whats up and coming so that people can make arrangements or spread the word rather than it being a last minute thing.

Cant find my way home? never heard them play that one  :mrgreen:

Same old story Bill - pubs and venues are going out of business up and down the country through lack of promotion. Too many businesses think if they do facebook and twitter the world will come to them! WRONG!

The social networks are over loaded with organiations seeking free advertising which people just start to ignore.

I will send in one of our team to see if we can persuade them to fill the venue by promoting things properly. :wink:

I was in there both nights (it's my local), didn't notice either of you or I'd have said hello.

Escape Committe and the Jalepenos are pretty regular there, it never struck me that it was free, but you're right, of course.

The, er, marketing department at the Millhouse have never really done much advertising, I only found out the night before for the latest gig, and one of the bar staff only found out on the night. I've never seen the numbers so low in there for a Jalepenos gig.

I will send in one of our team to see if we can persuade them to fill the venue by promoting things properly.

Well, good luck with that Gary, though I doubt you'd get offered anything more than beer vouchers for any services rendered.

I was in there both nights (it's my local), didn't notice either of you or I'd have said hello.

Escape Committe and the Jalepenos are pretty regular there, it never struck me that it was free, but you're right, of course.

The, er, marketing department at the Millhouse have never really done much advertising, I only found out the night before for the latest gig, and one of the bar staff only found out on the night. I've never seen the numbers so low in there for a Jalepenos gig.

I will send in one of our team to see if we can persuade them to fill the venue by promoting things properly.

Well, good luck with that Gary, though I doubt you'd get offered anything more than beer vouchers for any services rendered.

You need to spend money to make money!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Must be something wrong if its free and not full!

Try to get in Grappenhall Community Centre on the fourth Thursday of each month when there is a £5 fee to hear The Chicago Teddy Bears.  The place is heaving and you have to go an hour early to get a table

Perhaps Algy, there may be a market for fusion jazz for such venues where you fuse jazz with mime,  probably improve a lot of it lol

Good idea PJ especially with our community centre, I'm not an avid fan of any type of jazz or any other type of music if it comes to that, there are certain songs etc in any genre that I enjoy.