This topic is Void!.(was Ripping Yarns).

algy

Damn!, I've just had an email from YouTube saying exactly that, the strange thing is that I can still play the link on here?.

Sid I have just been on my YT account and the swines have deleted it, pity because it was very funny, too me anyway, i'm going to see if I can work round it.

Damn I missed it before it was removed. 

Algy, considering the many millions of clips on youtube (many of which are the exactly the same clips but uploaded by different people so surely that contravenes copyright too ?) it's a bit odd that this is the second time that youtube have deleted one of your video clips.... it there something we all should know ?  :lol:  :P  :lol:

What was the video about and is there any other way of viewing it... I'm intrigued. 

PS you can upload videos onto Photo B (I think :wink: )

I'm too honest with my titles, YouTube must pick key words up and when checked it gives the copyright in this case as owned by the BBC. I have had the complete DVD set of the series for about 15 years and assumed that they are no longer for sale however it appears they are!.

Attempted to upload it tonight to PB and after completing the upload PB notified me that it had failed. Don't usually let anything beat me but dont know where to go with this one, any ideas would be welcome!.

This is the story, Michael Palin is brilliant as the dim witted Eric.

One of the episodes of the comedy TV series Ripping Yarns. - The Testing Of Eric Olthwaite - The dull, dreary anti-hero Eric was played by Michael Palin. It was first broadcast on 27 September 1977.

Eric lived in the 1920s in the grey Yorkshire village of Denley Moor. "It were always raining in Denley Moor," thinks Eric in the voiceover, "'cept when it were fine"; and he then proceeds to explain in leaden detail the drizzle and precipitation of the region, as measured in his frequent visits to the rain gauge by the Town Hall.

Another of Eric's interests is shovels. He is fascinated by the fact that his friend Howard Molson has a new shovel, a Spear & Jackson Number 3, but astonished to learn that a bit has broken off it. He retails these stories to anyone who will listen, not that anyone will.

His family bolt their food and feign bilious attacks to avoid him. His father pretends to be French. His mother despairs of his pointing out that the black pudding she's cooking is very black today: "even the white bits are black". Finally they secretly leave home to be free of him.

He goes to visit Our Enid, whom he's supposed to be walking out with, but she's busy having a fling with someone upstairs. Enid's father takes pity on him, and between feeding chunks of meat to the racing vultures, tells him he's a "boring little tit".

Eric resolves to start an exciting career so that people will find him interesting. He applies to join the bank. While the very dull, boring bank manager is telling him he's too dull and boring to work in a bank, a robber bursts in and takes Eric hostage. With his haul he also commandeers the Mayor's limousine. After a chase, they go on foot across treacherous rocks and down a high waterfall (High Force), finally eluding police capture.

At this point the robber (his name is Arthur) turns his gun on his hapless prisoner. Eric, not entirely comprehending, continues to talk about rainfall, black puddings, and his mother, and Arthur takes pity on him. They discover a common interest in precipitation and shovels, form a gang, and terrorize the Yorkshire countryside with their bold robberies, with the result that Eric Olthwaite is seen as a hero, and interesting.

Blimey I just googled to try and find an existing uploaded one for you Algy but so far I haven't managed to. 

Nowt on youtube... nowt anywhere else as most links say 'not available in your location'  (probably because the BBC have blocked and banned them all) .. and then I found one and all hell broke loose on my new pc re security and threats. 

Oooh what on earth have you done :shock: If this pc breaks too I'm up the thingy without a whotsit and my other half  will kill me... peace and quiet at last I suppose though  :wink:   :lol:  

Maybe we can all just borrow your video or you could try renaming your upload as 'how to make paper doilies using mouldy spaghetti and left over toe nail clippings :wink: