Photos from Northants Trip, Sun. 3rd June.

algy

Lovely photos. Thanks for posting. When are the avid photographers on this forum going to give me some photography lessons?

Some handy tips that might help with photography.

Tip 1. The round bit with the glass in (technical term "THE LENS") should point towards what you want to take a picture of.

Tip 2. The black plastic thing covering it is not a filter for light but a lens cover and should be removed before attempting to take a picture.

Tip 3. When taking a picture attempt to keep fingers and thumbs away from the round bit with the glass in it.(unless you are taking a picture of your hand that is)

Some handy tips that might help with photography.

Tip 1. The round bit with the glass in (technical term "THE LENS") should point towards what you want to take a picture of.

Tip 2. The black plastic thing covering it is not a filter for light but a lens cover and should be removed before attempting to take a picture.

Tip 3. When taking a picture attempt to keep fingers and thumbs away from the round bit with the glass in it.(unless you are taking a picture of your hand that is)

Sid, good tips though you've forgotten to tell us to turn the camera on, then press the shutter button!. let's see some of your piccies. :wink:

Algy

Calm down boy, calm down. For someone who does not care one way or the other, you are getting quite worked up.

If you think today's camera technology makes it possible for monkeys to take good photographs, why go to the trouble of posting them at all?

To answer your question, however, I did not look at your pictures intentionally. I stumbled upon them after wondering why an item about photos from Northants merited a mention on the frontpage of Warrington's daily online newspaper. However, I realise you were not responsible for that. It's just the way the forum works.

I didn't even see the pictures of the National Memorial Arboretum at first - only your other pictures "thrown in" at the top of the list!

Still, this episode prompted me to look at the Photos of Warrington section, where I discovered you are a frequent contributor.

But I am puzzled as to why so many of your pictures have been withdrawn, apparently by yourself.

I can't believe they were not even up to monkey standard!

Horace, I am calm and rarely become irate - ask Wolfie :wink: , and my intention was certainly not to have my photos placed on the front page or other page of WW (I take it that is the publication you referred to, not that is of any concern to me). The photos (usually old ones of the town) of Warrington were uploaded to support topics that were running at the time and to prevent my Photobucket account becoming cluttered I have a sort out and delete photos that have been sat on here for a month or so.

No hard feelings Horace!.

algy.

Algy...... you should have used those two pics as a 'spot the difference' game to keep us quiet :)

PS I haven't got any photo editing software anymore since my old pc died as I cant find my photoshop CS3 disk anywhere :( :( :(

What do you use and how much is it ? 

Algy...... you should have used those two pics as a 'spot the difference' game to keep us quiet :)

PS I haven't got any photo editing software anymore since my old pc died as I cant find my photoshop CS3 disk anywhere  :( :sad: :(

What do you use and how much is it ? 

Dizz I use ACDSeePro, not a clue what it costs as it was bought for me as a birthday present a few years ago, it's not as good as the one you had as it can't layer etc. it's straight forward editing software and does everything I need.

Oh sorry for any confusion folks was forgetting that cameras nowadays are digital. :oops:  :oops:

frame781_zps4d34d6ae.jpg

Pre digital picture that I have been looking for showing the white lady that used to be in the maze at sankey valley.

frame783_zps170cdb25.jpg

another one of a duck that was having a wash at the time.

alhouse0020_zpse5019207.jpg

and one taken in my late father in laws back garden. all these were taken pre digital cameras

I do have a digital camera,actually I have at least two and probably more if you count the ones on my phone but rarely use them at the moment, never seem to get the time to stop and take a picture these days, too busy running around after brothers, others wives and the dog.

Nice photos Sid, I Iike the one of the duck splashing, not easy to photograph. The old film cameras were much more difficult to operate than these digital ones - point and shoot and you've got it!. I had a Minolta X300 SLR with a 50mm lens and also a sigma telephoto lens, when I sold it I got buttons for it, yet I was checking on ebay this morning and the same camera is up for £50+, I believe there is a new breed of photographer reverting back to the film cameras.

Think it was mentioned in a topic a while back that it had been removed because of vandalism. (the white lady statue that is)

As for the duck it had been doing the same for about two minutes and I was crouched patiently waiting to get that shot. (typically it was about five minutes later and the legs starting to go that it did it and I got the shot)

cannot remember what the camera was though. do know that i had a small telephoto lens,a dual wide angle lens and one other telephoto lens that you had to use a tripod to support unless you had arms like popeye. As you say when I did sell then I got buttons. daft thing is I am sure that the lenses would be able to fit on my digital camera with the appropriate adaptor.

Have to wonder as well where these people get the film from. can't say I have seen much about these days. Same could be said for developing unless they are doing their own.

Running around after other peoples wives is getting to be a bit of a habit at the moment. "can you pick me up from hospital, can you run me to bingo,any chance of a lift into town in the morning". the list goes on and on. So bad that I have to keep a page a day diary just to see if I have got a day to myself. :cry: