The Tudors -

observer

They tend to be fairly accurate about such things nowadays. However, it's got me re-reading my history books, to check the facts. In the series, the White Queen is referred to as Elizabeth Grey; but the geneology chart I've looked at, has her as Elizabeth Woodville?

They tend to be fairly accurate about such things nowadays. However, it's got me re-reading my history books, to check the facts. In the series, the White Queen is referred to as Elizabeth Grey; but the geneology chart I've looked at, has her as Elizabeth Woodville?

Apparently she was previously married & was the widow of Sir John Grey of Groby.

I read a thread on another forum saying the same thing, not sure why they'd change her name after making everything else accurate. Apparently the bit where she stands in front of the King's procession to stop him and plead for her lands is a 'legend'. I'd confidently say she wasn't actually descended from the River Goddess though!