Entrapment or a Fair Cop ?

observer

Seems a couple of MPs have been caught by a BBC Panorama sting, offering to ask questions for cash. I've noticed a few FBI, anti-terrorists stings, have operated in the same way; posing as Al Quaeda operatives and supplying fake explosives etc; to the point where the recipient commits a felony. But is it good policing or just entrapment?

I think everyone has a price and if the money is easy then people will always go for it. It seems that our MP's of all persuasions are as corrupt as each other though as there were tories, Liebour and Lib Dums caught out

I suppose if one digs deep enough anywhere, one will dig up sleaze.  However, I'd be interested what the law would say, if an MP (obviously a straight one!) performed a counter-entrapment, and taped these journalists trying to procure a felony?

I suppose if one digs deep enough anywhere, one will dig up sleaze.  However, I'd be interested what the law would say, if an MP (obviously a straight one!) performed a counter-entrapment, and taped these journalists trying to procure a felony?

but who would report it?

It certainly wouldn't get into the press!! :lol: 

Think it's a question of law Baz, is it illegal to impersonate or make false representation? Is it illegal to solicit a criminal offence of another person? This sting, has now stung the Gov into action; but a much wider action than some anticipated. The Tories have now included "the Unions" in their round up of Parliamentary lobbyists; which could ham string many a Labour MP!