Sorry, you've used your quota of appointments already

Those amazing people in parliament known as the tories are considering limiting the number of visits you make to your doctor per year.

Can you imagine it....?

Hello, Dr Feelgood's surgery, how may I help you?

I need to make an appointment to see Dr Feelgood please?

What name is it please?

Mrs Payne.

Hang on one moment Mrs Payne, I will see when Dr Feelgood is available......

Hello, Mrs Payne...?

Hello.

I'm awfully sorry but you have already used up your quota of visits. I can make you an appointment for January 6th next year.

January 6th next year!? But it's only July this year now! I would be dead before then!

Sorry Mrs Payne, it's the rule and you have already used your quota of visits for this year. All I can suggest is that you hang on in there and try not to die till next year.....

Ohhh...! Uggggggh....!

Hello....? Mrs Payne....? Hello.....? Are you there Mrs Payne....? Mrs Payne, are you ok.....?

Bloody hell! I think Mrs Payne just died of a heart attack doctor.

Good! One less chronically sick patient to bother about!

I went a few weeks ago & was there at least 10 minutes early , there was only me in the waiting room  but it was at least 20 minutes after my appointed time before i got in to see the doctor. I think it must have been tea break time though because no other patient came out before i went in.

Successive Governments have now dabbled with the NHS to the point, where we now have an organisational dog's dinner, dressed in a façade of efficiency. By it's very nature, the NHS is expensive; it being labour intensive; a victim of it's own success with costly advances in it's technical potential; with questionable procurement expenses; and with a growing demographic of demand by the elderly. The last Labour Gov's deal with GPs, has really put a spanner in the works, with the failure of out of hours services and 111 to compensate, with the resultant over-loading of A&E. The biggest health employer in the world, now with a global clientele, really needs to treat itself before it's decline becomes terminal.

obs. Before 8 am??? Our surgery is still on the cover(locum) shift. They don't switch over to the surgery until 8 am. You can then make appointments for that day if you are lucky. You can also, if available, book online appointments for about 10 days time. Hardly surprising that people go to A & E and clutter that system up.

Aren't the "Observers/Moderators" on the Warrington Worldwide Forum supposed to be independant? (ie without any political bias). Why, therefore, has this statement been allowed to be published ?   The last Labour Gov's deal with GPs, has really put a spanner in the works.

Aren't the "Observers/Moderators" on the Warrington Worldwide Forum supposed to be independant? (ie without any political bias). Why, therefore, has this statement been allowed to be published ? .

Well your statement has got me completely baffled RockCutting but you like doing that eh :wink:  Very bizarre and confusing to say the least.

Which 'statement' are you referring to ?  Do you mean the general post reply by Peter who just happens to be a moderator as well as a normal poster (if of course the words 'Peter' and 'normal'  can go together :lol: ..... he will get me for that..... ) or another post by someone else ?

Blimey have you got a complete downer on 'moderators' based on a really bad previous life experience somewhere else ?  Would you like to share it with us all as it might make you feel better :lol:

Crikey you need to get over it or you might even accuse us moderators of deleting topics next when it hasn't actually been the case :wink:

Have you ever considered talking to your doctor about it ... if you can get an appointment of course  :wink:

Dizzy, Post 5 by obs.

Thanks Peter although RC's comments/complaint are still not any clearer to me now I know which post/person it refers too.  Even if Obs was a moderator and had said the same I still wouldn't get it or the 'problem' with it.  I hope RC will explain and put me out of my misery confusion so I don't have another sleepless night pondering.

Hey there's a thought though.  I recon Obs would make a fun moderator and I'm happy for him to take over from me if Gary will allow it :) 

Apparently this is because surgeons schedule operations on patients who need more post-operative care (i.e. patients who are more likely not to survive surgery) for the end of the week, giving the 2 days over the weekend for this extra care. The number of patients who don't survive the operation on Fridays is therefore statistically greater because they are the ones most at risk in any case.

Apparently this is because surgeons schedule operations on patients who need more post-operative care (i.e. patients who are more likely not to survive surgery) for the end of the week, giving the 2 days over the weekend for this extra care.

Doesn't seem to tie in with the fact that there are less staff in over a weekend, and surgeons in general don't work weekends.

" a failure to rescue the patient could be due to well-known issues relating to reduced or locum staffing and poorer availability of services over a weekend. "

I think Rockcutting was probably referring to the criticism of "the last Labour government" over its GP contract. Not sure why he should, seeing as I heard one of the Shadow ministers admitting they had made a mess of it the other day.