Time for an Oath of Allegience?

observer

Lex Talionis (an eye for an eye) is referred to as Qasas in the Qur'an. Sharia Law is based on an eye for an eye.

An eye for an eye is mentioned in the Bible but Jesus ben Joseph (the Nazarene) said do not resist the one who is evil. If someone slaps you on your right cheek, turn to him the left cheek also.

OK... maybe not "returned" to Nigeria.... how about just "sent" to Nigeria? We used to send people to Australia that didn't want to conform to British society....i.e. criminals.... so why can't we just get rid?

I don#t think either of them will be going anywhere for a very long time.  What I find ironic and disturbing about this atrocity is that if the BNP or EDL had spent a billion pounds on a recruitment drive it would not have driven as many new members their way as these two pieces of  excrement have done by using the Islamic faith as their justification for their psychopathic actions. 

p.s.  re the OP  the idea that an oath of allegiance would in any way stop this kind of act being perpetrated is simply gormless,

From what I've seen about this incident, the perpetrator - of Nigerian descent and born in Balham - was reported to be trying to get to Somalia to fight (for one of the 2 Muslim factions trying to wipe each other out). Later he was reported to be trying to get to Syria to fight (for one of the 2 Muslim factions trying to wipe each other out). In other words he is a psychopath. If he hadn't killed the soldier he would have fixated on someone else. The man is a nutter with only a slim grasp on reality (part of his little oration after his bloody deed was a demand to bring "our soldiers" home. Deluded or what? He obviously doesn't know what he is talking about.

If these demics have been to Muslim Countries and they are on the Security Services radar - simples - just don't let them back into the UK. However, that would require an efficient and effective UKBF, with sufficient political backing to do the job properly. The idea of an oath, would assist in identifying radicalised individuals, permitting treatment options to de-radicalise them or get rid.

From what I've seen about this incident, the perpetrator - of Nigerian descent and born in Balham - was reported to be trying to get to Somalia to fight (for one of the 2 Muslim factions trying to wipe each other out). Later he was reported to be trying to get to Syria to fight (for one of the 2 Muslim factions trying to wipe each other out). In other words he is a psychopath. If he hadn't killed the soldier he would have fixated on someone else. The man is a nutter with only a slim grasp on reality (part of his little oration after his bloody deed was a demand to bring "our soldiers" home. Deluded or what? He obviously doesn't know what he is talking about.

Well said Asp

Surely, we have to find out WHY these fanatics want to kill British people?  We welcome them into our country, we make available to them, all the benefits which are available to the rest of us. I know these guys had it in for soldiers, because they "kill Muslims" but they only get sent to fight against Muslims because some Muslims blow up tube trains and fly aircraft into skyscrapers.

What I want to know, and I have never seen a really satisfactory explanation, is WHY do these fanatics hate us so much they are prepared to give up their own lives to kill us?   I know quite a few Muslims who seem OK to me, and the vast majority of Muslims in this country condemn the actions of the fanatics.

So WHY?

It all seems a bit strange to me that a couple of blokes would butcher someone like that then hang about for 10 minutes or more till the police arrive on the scene. Probably a couple of drugged up losers looking for a cause to latch onto.

It all seems a bit strange to me that a couple of blokes would butcher someone like that then hang about for 10 minutes or more till the police arrive on the scene. Probably a couple of drugged up losers looking for a cause to latch onto.

So that the police could shoot and kill them. Which is why they ran at the police as they got out of the car, to make sure that is what would happen and they would become 'martyrs'. However, the police having not shot to kill but to halt them, they will now lose face and be looked upon as failures instead of victorious martyrs - no martyrdom for them - just prison for a few years.