Where was this bell situated.

algy

red bell, i am guessing fire bell so how about crossfields building over crossfields fire station.

The bell was part of a well known building within the town area and possibly within 10 minutes walk from the Market Gate.

so where is it now? sacrificed to feed the needs of the mindless rugby fans that everyone seems to think makes up 99% of the town when in reality they can't even fill a decent sized stadium half of the time???

Not at all.... I think that the town puts far too much emphasis on a team which only a minority of the townsfolk actually support.... the majority of the people in town weren't even born here now and the majority of the team is made up of Australians... plus they even changed the name to try and make it more interesting.... and that never worked either

just my opinion of course and I realise I am probably one of the few people to grow up in Bewsey who never had to wear a "Wires" shirt to go to the pub!