Contact with Warrington, Bucks County, PA.

algy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww you heartless woman Tracey.  When you're eating them don't you get visions of their cute little faces and personalities as they grew up and also their once happy onking and squealing as they played and were excited to see you    :cry:  :P  :lol:

Yes but not if you have looked after them yourself from being tiny little babies and watched them grow up surely.  I really couldn't eat anything I had looked after and talked to daily.

Saying that I'm looking at my dog sleeping as I type this and suddenly imagined her muscular back leg as a huge chicken drumstick coated in sticky bbq sauce.  Now that is NOT right !!!   Ohh my goodness :oops:  :lol:  

I bet Rockcutting will be furious when he see's all this .... not to worry.... serves him right  for not coming on enough after asking a question and for not answering ours about 'whoever' it is we are supposed to be looking for :):lol:  :P

Yes but not if you have looked after them yourself from being tiny little babies and watched them grow up surely.  I really couldn't eat anything I had looked after and talked to daily.

Saying that I'm looking at my dog sleeping as I type this and suddenly imagined her muscular back leg as a huge chicken drumstick coated in sticky bbq sauce.  Now that is NOT right !!!   Ohh my goodness :oops:  :lol:  

I bet Rockcutting will be furious when he see's all this .... not to worry.... serves him right  for not coming on enough after asking a question and for not answering ours about 'whoever' it is we are supposed to be looking for :):lol:  :P

I think he falls asleep for long periods, then wakes up and asks us awkward questions or tells non - joke jokes. :D:wink:

I think he falls asleep for long periods, then wakes up and asks us awkward questions or tells non - joke jokes. :D:wink:

Ooh you will being trouble now Algy. :lol:  

My guess is that he just knows some of us will go to any lengths to find answers to certain questions because we are obsessed with the past and so he asks the questions etc to keep us quiet for a bit.... couldn't really blame him for doing that I suppose :lol:  

.....or maybe it's that he can't be bothered to search out the answers  for himself as he is a managerial sort of chap who delegates his work load to the subordinates so he can enjoy long days of relaxation sipping pimms while taking all the credit.... 

.. I am joking of course (so no offence meant RC).

Of course the most likely reason for his lack of replies is that he (and his topic) have been banned again :lol:  :lol:    Sorry RC I couldn't resist that ha ha

Dizz, i must admit that for someone who is compiling a book on a topic that I would think requires a fair amount of interlect and intelligence has not the expertise to seek out some of  the information that he requires our assistance to find, I do sometimes think that he is attempting to "extract the proverbial body waste fluid from us" so to speak. Some of his comments and remarks are ambiguous to say the least!, also he never appears keen to seek out the answers/comments that we post. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
Algy - have you seen Warrington's facebook page? They've posted some more of your photos.

Tracey, that's what I sent them across for plus they are not my photos and are available for all to download, have you a link please as I have tried a couple of Warrington Township facebook sites without success.

Thanks Tracey, really appreciate the link, they have done a good job with their site and the photos show up well, I have been contacted recently and should send the final batch of photos featuring Sankey and Church streets.

Did they/you ever find out the connection as to why, when their Warrington was established in 1734, they named it after ours ? 

It doesn't say why on their pages only that it is named after ours but they must have found that out somehow, unless of course they just googled and found ours dating back so far and 'presumed' like I often do.  I very much doubt they did that really :wink:

It would be interesting to know though. 

Did they/you ever find out the connection as to why, when their Warrington was established in 1734, they named it after ours ? 

It doesn't say why on their pages only that it is named after ours but they must have found that out somehow, unless of course they just googled and found ours dating back so far and 'presumed' like I often do.  I very much doubt they did that really :wink:

It would be interesting to know though. 

Dizz, the connection was something to do with the early Quakers but for the life of me I can't find the site again,

I found a connection with the Quakers too  this morning Algy and scribbled bits down on some paper which I now cant find so like you have forgotten what I found and where. 

From memory I remember googling the name William Penn which was mentioned on the facebook link page re the roads.

I found something about a farm in Pensylvania (near the other Warrington) where the land used to be owned by William P (I think he bought it in the mid 1680's  and it was or became part of the 'New Britain Township' around 1700 ???)

William Penn was born in London... and served in the Navy during the English Civil War... and was rewarded with estates/land in Ireland by Oliver Cromwell although he flit back and two between the UK, Ireland and other places further afield. 

Cromwell... Warrington connection... maybe ?

Penn was (or became) a Quaker and seemingly a leading one and even got locked up in the Tower of London for blasphemy.

Arrgh I can't remember... but something to do with the King having something to do his release and Penn's idea of a mass emigration of English Quakers to oversees as other religions were not very tolerant of them... and in doing that he founded Pennsylvania... which the other Warrington is part of.

Bloody hell... it was something like that anyway.  I might have to rummage through my bin tomorrow if the blue bottles and other flies will allow me to.    :wacko:

OK, I will need to contact those people before I can think of going there, I guess the best would to attend one of they're meetings.

So I'll get back when I can contact arrange a meeting.

Any info from you lot would be appreciated, contacts, names, etc

OK, I will need to contact those people before I can think of going there, I guess the best would to attend one of they're meetings. So I'll get back when I can contact arrange a meeting. Any info from you lot would be appreciated, contacts, names, etc

Jean, here is the link to their 'Contact Us' page, this is how I first made contact with them:-

http://www.warringtonhistoricalsociety.org/Warrington_Historical_Society_Site/Contact_Us.html

The person I have been contacting is Gwyn Walton.

There next meeting is July 8th.

Warrington Historical Society Officers

Mary Doyle Roth - President

Ken Samen - Vice-President

Donna Sempowski - Treasurer, Fund Raising

Scott Yates - Membership

Kathy Newcomb - Newsletter Publisher

Carol Lee Vosteen - Publicity, Webmaster

Sean Stetler - Fund Raising