Contact with Warrington, Bucks County, PA.

algy

I am in contact with a member off The Warrington Historical Society, Warrington Township Philladelphia and they appear to be very interested in the history of our town of which their town is named after. The History Society membership are only small in number but appear to be committed to saving what historical buildings that still remain standing in their locality. More is the pity we don't attemp to follow their example. I am in the process of sending a good selection of old photos of Warrington over to them and after visiting their website notice they have already started posting them on their web page and facebook page. I shall keep you posted on any further developments.

Here are samples of cropped pages from their website.

ScreenShot001_zpsd997e30e.jpg

ScreenShot002_zpsff309c98.jpg

ScreenShot003_zps14d122cc.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They didn't give him credit for them? Typical.

Florence, that would reveal my identity, as they are not aware of my WW name - algy, as far as I'm aware there are only four people on here who know my real name, Harry, Baz, Dizz (she has probably forgotten by now) and Pengy who seems to have become bored and drifted off, and to be honest i can't say as I blame him!. Anyway I'm not doing it for 'honours' I'm just attempting to give those that are interested in Warrington PA. some idea of what their namesake town was like in the early day's, can't say that they will find much to brag about to their neighbouring towns though can you, when you think about it it was a fairly depressing hole and they will probably think thank god those settlers came here to the good ol' US of A!.

Everyone knows you but I'm not so sure they all knew you were gay and into photography.

I thought it wouldn't be long before you showed up, and I always had the impression you were not interested in history!, sorry to disappoint you Wolfie, I'm definitely not 'Gay' but very often moderately  happy!. Come to think of it your a bit of a wolf in sheeps clothing. :D:wink:

index_zps65955b07.jpg

Update on the 'Contact Warrington,Bucks County PA'. project, I have done something I rarely do - given up on it, I have sent a load of information on Warrington with photos, each one with an explanation of when, what and where it is and apart from the initial reply have heard nothing, there is no apparent interest being shown so either they are bored with the photos or have decided they are not interested in our town, so unless I receive communication to the contrary I have ceased spending my time on the project which has amounted to many hours. Their loss not mine!.

No contact Robbo other than the initial email, so as I think I posted before, no point in wasting my time sending more over if there is no interest, perhaps our towns history is a bit alien to what they are used to as their Warrington appears to have been very rural. :unsure:

I had exactly the same response from the "Historical Society" of Warrington PA and of Warrington FLA. Absolutely Zilch!

Do any of you agree with me that we should contact the Embassy of the United States to demand the return of our copyright regarding the very ancient history of the place name "Warrington"?