a lot of points o I will address them as best I can.
1. OK PJ so are you saying that every time ANY of us post a topic or make any comment we ALL have to substantiate our words with source links to validate what we are saying?
I am saying that if you post a news story and change it beyond recognition to suit a particular viewpoint then when asked where you read this article you should produce a link yes. The alternative is that anyone can post any outlandish, insulting or stupid claim and pass it off a the truth. A link would allow people the chance to formulate an opinion based on the news article and maybe lead to less bickering. Perhaps as admin you should have a word with the person posting fake news and not concentrate on the person calling the lies into question but that's your call.
2. We all interpret what is reported in national and local news differently sometimes that's because of the way things are reported though as some are intentionally worded to cause unrest and debate and we all have our own views too.
On this occasion it is not a matter of a difference in interpretation, it is a complete fabrication. A link to the original posters article would avoid a lot of bickering.
3. Twice now you have also mentioned 'better run forums' too...well if you don't like this one and think it's so badly run WHY DO YOU KEEP COMING ON IT and not stick to the 'better run ones?'
I do use the better run forums most days but they are specific sites for sport, art and photography. This is the only Warrington forum and as a resident I feel entitled to use it despite all of its shortcomings, which I freely point out, not as a criticism of you but to hopefully improve this place.
4. I feel very sorry for Gary who, as we all know, pays to keep this forum running with money from his own pocket every month just so us 'long timers' can all whinge on it. Maybe you will get your way one day and he will close it down.
I imagine Gary knows what he is doing regarding the forum.
5. As for you wanting me to retract the claim that you accused me of racism......non retractable I'm afraid as I explained myself more than once about how I felt....I agree that you didn't actually say directly that I was being racist but your comments and you way you kept on and on made it seem like AND MADE ME FEEL LIKE I WAS being racist...when I wasn't.
So you freely admit that I didn't accuse anyone of racism, mention racism, allude to racism yet MY WORDS made you feel like you were being racist? How the hell does that work? The subject in question, in my opinion has nothing to do with racism so this is probably why I never mentioned it. If your feelings about how you think of certain others makes you feel racist then that is a matter for you and your conscience and nothing whatsoever to do with me and I would expect you to retract the accusation.