Who's responsibility?

observer

Seems HMG are going to pay the French for improved counter-immigrant measures at Calais. But who's responsible for letting these illegals in, in the first place?  Entering Europe through Greece, Italy and Spain; then (thanks to the Shengen agreement) making their way through unmanaged borders to Calais, to get to the land of milk and honey; shouldn't the EU be funding ferry trips for these immigrants, back to Africa and Asia, from the points of entry?

Greece has been asking for extra resources for years to help with it borders outside the EU, Its been falling on death ears, as even the UK don't want to help them. They consider it Greece"s problem, they are being overwhelmed. You could turn the question round Obs,  Should Greece pay for all the EUs border, or is it the responsibility of all EU Countries?

surely it is up to each EU country to secure their own borders? Greece should prevent them landing in the first place. They have a navy and they have border guards

I don't see all of the other EU countries falling over themselves to send money flooding this way to help to pay for all of the illegals benefits once they get here or to pay for their accommodation or the cost of their eventual (if it ever happens) repatriation?

But then I suppose they all turn a blind eye and give a huge sigh of relief once they are over here for us to deal with

The reason the EU should be paying, is (aside from a few countries), there are no longer border controls within the EU due to the Shengen agreement. So presumably Brussels has the responsibility for the protection of Festung Europa; it will be paid for by the net payers anyway.  Also, what the EU has totally failed to do, is bring in a policy of deportation to the places of embarkation from Africa and Asia; thus leaving a growing army of illegals to be fed and watered by us. The Italian Navy, instead of towing their craft back to Tunisia or Libya, rescue them and bring them into Europe - crazy.

LT,....are you for real ???

" falling on death ears".....

Don't you mean 'DEAF EARS'    LMAO :mrgreen:

Oooh  I actually read it as 'Deaf'.  Seems you are clearly a bad influence on me Lt K :lol:

PS Mark7 predictive text (or tired finger typos/boredom/lack of concentration and a spell chequer usually in my case) happen to us all at some time or another so be careful that you never slip up too :wink: