All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Davy51

IndyRef II

Is there a Krankie fan club in Brussels ?
  3. Observer II

Trumps visit

Don't think he's used that immortal punch line yet - "let them eat cake" 😉
  4. Observer II

The stupidity pandemic -

The current Darwin awards are reserved for snowflakes falling off cliffs while taking a selfie; but no doubt they could have more categories ! 😉
  5. asperity

Trumps visit

I thought France had beaten them to it with Macron 😏.
  6. Observer II

IndyRef II

I know ! Believe they went bankrupt attempting to open a colony in central America, which failed - and we've been bailing them out ever since ! Seems they (the SNP) think they can walk into the EU and get bailed out by Brussels; obviously they haven't followed the Greek tragedy. 😉
  7. Confused52

IndyRef II

Scotland was not conquered but freely entered the union by a simultaneous Act of Union made in both the English and Scottish Parliaments. They were broke of course.
  8. Evil Sid

The stupidity pandemic -

Let Darwin sort it out.
  9. Observer II

Trumps visit

Perhaps the era of "professional" politicians has ended, and it's time for people with some experience of real life and and buisiness to take over ? The Ukraine, with a history of corrupt politicians has decided to elect a comedian as President ! 😉
  10. Observer II

IndyRef II

The Romans seem to have had a profit and loss approach to their conquests, and decided that Scotland simply wasn't worth the effort and expense, something that arguably still applies ! 😉
  11. Observer II

The stupidity pandemic -

If you look at a historic graph of human population growth, you'll discover a fairly low rise up until the advent of Jenner's discovery of the smallpox vaccine, which brought on an age of medical advances throughout the Victorian era up to the polio vaccine and anti-biotics at the end of WW2, with a huge spike in population growth. From time to time the bugs fought back, giving us the 1918 Flu pandemic, which killed more people than both world wars combined. Then some idiot suggested a link between the MMR jab and autism, and an anti-needle cult was born. So now, we have old diseases making a come back, like the measles outbreak in the US. Seems the real pandemic is stupidity ?
  12. Latchford Locks

Trumps visit

Well they need a change from Anti Fracking/Greenham Common Reunions/Frog and Badger Campaigns/Brexit Sit in's/Grand National Cruelty....etc etc etc. Oh well it will soon be Wimbledon and they will all vanish for 2 weeks to eat strawberry's and quaff Bollinger 🙄 NEWS FLASH ........ Updated today... ""Save our Strawberries for Tortoises campaigners due to shut down Wimbledon Fortnight"".!!
  13. Davy51

Trumps visit

Trump is passionate about his country & wants to run it like a profitable business while taking no sh** off anybody.
  14. Evil Sid

IndyRef II

Think Hadrian had the right idea? 🤔
  15. Evil Sid

Trumps visit

Love him or hate him he does do as advertised on the tin. The mainstream press these days seem to be from the Sunday Sport school of journalism, "Elvis seen in B52 bomber on the moon" and such like. Even the rival on-line Warrington news seem to be getting that way as regards headlines at least. Sensationalist headline "fight breaks out in middle of motorway" followed by a three line description, copy and pasted from a police or fire tweet. I have also noticed that stories these days in on-line copies of papers are often followed by requests for people to get in touch if they were even remotely involved. A field day scenario for the Walters of this world.
  16. Last week
  17. Stallard12

Trumps visit

Just two mins away from the Manchester derby and a thought occurred to me concerning the honesty of the press these days. If you can believe the media, United will be signing fifty new players this summer, everyone from Messi to Neymar ! Not that they don't need'em, but it's all lies, just like their political commentary. Obviously, the job of a reporter has become a role in a makebelieve sitcom, not a responsible occupation.
  18. Davy51

IndyRef II

Give them a quick independence referendum & we will lose most of the remoaners ,then we can crack on with a prosperous Brexit.
  19. Stallard12

Trumps visit

Glad to help Asp. That's exactly why I posted it Obs, I wasn't bragging I just felt like someone should tell it like it is before the idiots turn out and start making intelligent comments like breaking windows and burning cars. I'm already expecting an inane response from you know who !
  20. Observer II

IndyRef II

Seems Mzz Krankie is calling for another (once in a lifetime?) referendum for Scottish Independence. The SNP are so keen on Independence, but have done their upmost to deny Independence from the EU for the UK. Suppose we just have to hope TM won't be involved, given her record on Brexit.
  21. Observer II

Trumps visit

Problem is, it will just give the snowflakes another opportunity to close down London with another protest, knowing the weak kneed response they get from the Police.
  22. asperity

Trumps visit

I'm glad you've posted that Stallard, saves me a lot of typing. As you say, Mr Trump is not everybody's cup of tea but he seems to be doing the job from which previous US Presidents have shirked their responsibilities. I would welcome a State Visit from him to the UK, but at the same time I wouldn't blame him for saying "thanks but no thanks" given the negative noises coming from, not only our extremely biased media, but our craven politicians up to, and including, the worst PM in living memory. I believe he is a lot more popular globally than the chattering classes give him credit for.
  23. Stallard12

Trumps visit

We have the lowest unemployment (2%) and the highest GDP since the 1940's, the Isis Caliphate has been destroyed, talks are ongoing with North Korea, new businesses are opening at record rates, consumer confidence is also at a record high. The battle against illegal aliens is being fought with both hands behind our back, because Democrats refuse to cooperate by building a wall and changing the stupid laws that allow millions to pour in. The press is a total joke, an unabashed arm of the Democratic Party, the pictures they showed of children being held in cages at the border, were in fact taken during the Obama administration. The Meuller Report dispelled the collusion hoax and on obstruction of justice, the report found that Trump did have a meeting with his aides to discuss firing Meuller, but they decided not to do it. Now, grasping at straws, the Democrat idiots are clamoring for impeachment ! Apparently, in their twisted minds, thinking about something but not doing it, is now a high crime and misdemeanor ! I just heard that Trump will be in the U.K. in June, so I thought that I would give you an overview of the true situation before you see y'alls idiots out demonstrating. He is a good man, doing a fantastic job running the country and this is why he cannot be allowed to continue and lies, cheating and subterfuge are all in the press and Democratic playbook. You may not like his personality or his demeanor, but he's getting the job done and career politicians don't like that - remember Sir Jeffery ....... in Yes Minister ? In two and a half years I have not heard one Democrat make any policy statement, they have nothing, they know they can't compete on economy and security, so it's hate Trump twenty four hours a day.
  24. Observer II

Holy Smoke -

Think it's the French "yellow vests" who are kicking off about it; not we anglo-saxons, who are much more tolerant and know our place - tugging our forelocks, M'lord ! 😉
  25. Confused52

Holy Smoke -

The wealth tax was transformed into a capital gains tax on property last year and not recently. It only affected 351 k and another 60k left the country to avoid it and paid no tax at all. The same effect as our jealousy tax, dubbed supertax.
  26. asperity

Back to winning ways

The Wire cantered past Hull KR away yesterday, finishing as comfortable 54-6 winners. Hopefully the St Helens and Salford games were just a blip.
  27. Evil Sid

Hiya

Nah his punishment of choice is to smear the victims feet with tuna fish pate and dangle them over a tub of hungry kittens .😿
  1. Load more activity