All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Had to laugh Dave; the young girl from Glasgow asked about climate change, and BoJo lied with a smirk, the enviroment is front and centre of my policies. Gove went into classic deflect mode, when asked about islamaphobia, and blamed Corbyn for anti-semitism in Labour. Then we had the woman worried about her husband losing his job if we have a no deal Brexit; and none of the panel had the nerve to say, it's not all about you love, it's about a moral commitment to 17.4 million people voting to LEAVE the EU. So a load of irrelevant pledges and promises, to an audience that has no vote, supplied by a media trying to boost it's ratings with a Presidential style election, that isn't.
  3. Davy51

New PM?

Well that debate was all my backside .... sounded like a cross between blind date & a gang of noisy schoolboys all wanting to get a word in. Did they actually answer any viewers questions directly ? I think Ms Widecombe would have kept order better than Emily though,she had no control whatsoever over the Tory testosterone.
  4. Yesterday
  5. The rule is actually "[Advertisements] must not include gender stereotypes that are likely to cause harm, or serious or widespread offence. " The guidance is here: https://www.asa.org.uk/uploads/assets/uploaded/f39a881f-d8c9-4534-95f180d1bfe7b953.pdf The rule is to be applied after complaints so we can expect lots of activity!
  6. It's about "hurtful" stereotypes - like the girl who walked into the path of a cyclist, as she crossed a road with her head in a mobile phone - game, set and match you might say, but no. A female judge found in her favour and awarded her damages; thus giving two stereotypical gender examples ! 😑
  7. No, I haven't watched adverts for over 30 years, it is what video recording technology was invented for.
  8. Do people actually watch adverts? I don't think it's compulsory.
  9. No doubt they harbour some nostalgia for the red flag; but they aren't in control of Liebour as no doubt, we'll discover in due course. If your afraid of a G/Election, tell your Remoaner MPs to belt up and support Brexit, even with a no deal.
  10. P J

PC ban -

So why whine and moan about something which has absolutely no affect upon your life. Why do you condone upsetting people unnecessarily, whether they are gentle or not? Will you really miss these types of adverts? Makes me laugh to be honest. Well it would if the discourse about the ad ban hadn’t led to such vile slurs by certain posters
  11. P J

New PM?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣💩
  12. Well if you haven't spotted that McDonnell and Corbyn are Communists there is no hope for you; take another look at their policies.
  13. If you believe the Labour Party is remotely "communist", rather than a refuge for Remoaning liberals - best tell the Remoaner Tory MPs not to vote down a no deal Brexit. 😉
  14. Dizzy

PC ban -

Naah PJ I'm not offended by the ruling at all....... I find it all rather laughable to be honest that we live in such a bonkers society these days that people feel the 'need' to look at something as daft as some tv adverts and say 'hey this needs to be stopped as it might hurt some little gentle wallflowers feelings'. Most people probably never even gave it a second though until someone with nothing better to do made a big deal of it. Bit like the 1000's of numpties who have been complaining to OFCOM this week about not liking something on Love Island. Durh...well stop blummin' watching it then lol. PS Mr Dizzy can't parallel park our new car..... I think he's still quite offended by me laughing at him though (but hey I can't park it either shhh)
  15. P J

New PM?

Hahahaha watch my lips, “ there will be no further discussions” . Economic lunacy
  16. Davy51

New PM?

That's why no deal needs to be on the table to try & manipulate a better deal than Treesa capitulated to.
  17. Seems the second club in Manchester have topped the table for arrests for racist incidents with almost twice as many as their nearest rivals , Millwall and Leeds. What a club. https://news.sky.com/story/amp/more-manchester-united-fans-are-arrested-for-football-racism-than-any-other-club-11743651
  18. P J

New PM?

The whole country will get hit in its bank balance if we crash out without a deal. Economic stupidity.
  19. Reality will come and bite remoaner MPs in leave constituencies in their bank balaces if they try and fight it.
  20. Confused52

Texas

I have a suspicion that the Registrars office will have been at the Rural District Council offices in Museum Street, Warrington others on here may confirm or correct it. I suspect that Newton, Winwick refers to the registration district and sub-district which is correct for your part of the parish of Woolston at that time. These things move about but the Genealogists have tracked it.
  21. You want a Communist government then do you?
  22. Whoever gets elected doesn't change the Parliamentary arithmetic - the Remoaner majority won't allow a no deal Brexit and will vote down any Leader that tries it, in a vote of no confidence; which will lead to a G/Election and the opportunity to clean out Parliament one way or another; or perhaps take us back to square one !
  23. P J

New PM?

Never thought I’d say it but he would get my vote 🤣🤣 https://images.app.goo.gl/mWKrWmNe9Pra7BGs7
  24. Last week
  25. I did read it before. It was irrelevant then and it still is. The Guardian has had a period when it deliberately exaggerated every climate story as part of its effort to get more money from left wing readers, including the acme of stupidity in employing the 97% fraudster Dana Nuccitelli. I have read all of this stuff before and unlike some understood it too. Just because it is left wing crap doesn't stop it being crap. Quoting Drax would not be popular with true eco-warriors because of damage to American forests and the tremendous costs in fuel of getting the stuff to the power station. I will let you look up for yourself the complaints about the department at Imperial College and their shenanigans over the economic cases in climate studies.
  1. Load more activity