Windows7 start up

Victor

To keep you updated.  Since saying that, when it booted up OK it stayed on all day, things have got worse.  This is the first time I have been able to boot up in 2 days so I haven't been able to try any of your suggestions. I am taking the computer to a repair shop tomorrow.

Thank you all.

Back on-line at last. Unfortunately Not inexpensive LTKije.  The fault was on the motherboard but the repair chap could not get hold of a compatible one

so I had to have a new motherboard, CPU and memory. Luckily I retained my hard drive and graphics card so, basically a new machine and a hole in my wallet. Still......................it's only my kids inheritence !!!

• Upvote 1

Back on-line at last. Unfortunately Not inexpensive LTKije.  The fault was on the motherboard but the repair chap could not get hold of a compatible one

so I had to have a new motherboard, CPU and memory. Luckily I retained my hard drive and graphics card so, basically a new machine and a hole in my wallet. Still......................it's only my kids inheritence !!!

Well done Victor, glad you got it sorted!

Not half as glad as I am Algy as he may use his phone less now to relay his never ending minute by minute account of everything he's tried and what happened... and in his pc's absence.... how bored he was  :lol:

I do worry how you will fill your time now that it's working properly though Victor :P

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

'I believe' too Baz !!! ...

So..... any idea why Victor's PC clock wont keep the right time now?  He sets the time and it works fine then he switches off and next time he turns on it's wrong again.  Date's ok though :wacko:

I'm sure he just breaks things on purpose to get attention  :lol:    

if it is his clock in windows that is not keeping the correct time, it may well be that when the new motherboard was installed, they haven't turned off the power management feature in the bios. It needs to be off and let windows control these things!! Windows has its own power managemnt system which makes the one in the bios redundant

It could also be the CR032 battery on the motherboard which is duff.... this keeps the board settings when the machine is powered off

allegedly!

Thanks for the info Baz, sorry that I haven't replied sooner but there were other things wrong as well. I took it back to the repair chap and he found that the new motherboard which he fitted was faulty. He has fitted a new one and (fingers crossed), everything is working OK now. 

• Upvote 2