No milk or butter !

Time to encourage farming period and direct subsidies into actual production, rather than leaving land fallow or compensating rich land owners (thanks to the EU).  Time to get a grip of the s/markets who drive down payments to producers, putting them out of business.      :ph34r:

News reports said the shortage will peak at Christmas.   How do they know that? Maybe it will peak way before that for butter as people rush to the stores now to buy it and freeze as freezing it now will still mean it's in perfect condition at Xmas time for all the festivity cooking and party food baking.

I'm not worried as I never buy butter anyway and if milk gets short I'll just pinch a cow or goat from somewhere and squeeze my own :lol:

I sometimes think these stories are just scaremongering tactics to get people to buy more of a certain product.

I completely agree that supermarkets and their cheap cost milk are slapping dairy farmers in the face though and putting them out of business :(   I never buy milk from the supermarket unless I happen to have run out before my next delivery from our local milk man which is rare. 

I'm happy to pay that little bit more knowing that I've been supporting a dairy farm for years and a very hard working and friendly milk delivery man too.   

Well, we the customers are ultimately to blame, as we insist on getting everything cheap;  and finish up losing jobs, as production goes to overseas cheap labour. Interesting item on Countryfile, which predicts meat prices increasing as places like China and India get the money and a taste for it. So they're now experimenting with using crushed insects as a source of protein !      :ph34r:

I never buy milk from the supermarket unless I happen to have run out before my next delivery from our local milk man which is rare. 

It is early in the morning so I am a bit fuzzy yet. Is it the deliveries from the milkman that are rare or is it a rare milk  only from a cow raised on a mountain top and fed only hand picked grass by monks dressed in saffron robes and the ability to walk on rice paper without leaving a footprint .:ph34r::lol:

crushed insects as a source of protein

beetle juice ? (don't say that three times or he will be summoned) :shock:

... and in the now never ending, anti-brexit drip feeding by the Remoaner media; is the speculation that the "full English" breakfast will cost more, after we leave the EU !    Don't we grow enough tomatoes, or rear enough pigs these days ?     :rolleyes:

On 10/07/2017 at 0:32 AM, Dizzy said:

I never buy milk from the supermarket unless I happen to have run out before my next delivery from our local milk man which is rare.   

17 hours ago, Evil Sid said:

It is early in the morning so I am a bit fuzzy yet. Is it the deliveries from the milkman that are rare or is it a rare milk  only from a cow raised on a mountain top and fed only hand picked grass by monks dressed in saffron robes and the ability to walk on rice paper without leaving a footprint .:ph34r::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:  I really have no idea how to answer that as I can't think straight as I'm laughing to much :lol:

I'm not sure I will ever be able to look at my milkman again or even my bottles of milk without thinking about those monks etc and laughing..... your sense of humour, imagination and wit is priceless Evils......  :lol:

4 hours ago, observer said:

... and in the now never ending, anti-brexit drip feeding by the Remoaner media; is the speculation that the "full English" breakfast will cost more, after we leave the EU !    Don't we grow enough tomatoes, or rear enough pigs these days ?     :rolleyes:

Oh my goodness the fear of it all....how will we all survive :shock::lol:  Some people clearly need to get a grip on life, take a step back and look at what really matters or is happening in the world.   

Maybe it would be a good think if 'full English' brecky food stuffs  cost more....people might not eat so many and therefore lose a bit of weight thus cutting down NHS costs for treating obesity and associated diseases/illness :wink:

I wonder how many people actually have a full english breakfast, apart from when they are on holiday.

Most of the people i know usually have a couple of rounds of toast or a bowl of cat litter muesli for breakfast. They don't have the time to cook bacon, sausage, egg, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes and a fried slice in a morning.

About the only time i ever have anything close to that is if Mrs sid decides we are having a breakfast at Tesco or Asda and so take advantage of their eight items for whatever the price is deal.