Wow! Jeremy has let himself go!

asperity

Why did they cut off the pub near central station?  :rolleyes:

Why do they name pubs after upper body parts. The kings head, the king/Queens arms the Bull/Rams head. Have you ever head of a pub called the kings legs or the queens feet or the ramsbottom or even the bulls er ..................tail?

Funny though because it us "civilised" people cutting royalty down to suit it is ok. Let any other countries citizens do it and they are "heathens" who should be condemned and hounded to the ends of the earth.

17 hours ago, Evil Sid said:

Why do they name pubs after upper body parts. The kings head, the king/Queens arms the Bull/Rams head. Have you ever head of a pub called the kings legs or the queens feet or the ramsbottom or even the bulls er ..................tail?

:lol::lol:  Oh great so just before my bedtime I read this and now find myself giggling at that Evils not to mention suddenly having all the old pub names in Warrington going round my head.

I wonder why the Old Ball in Warrington was called that lol

Anyway back to Jeremy C ...if we really must :unsure::unsure:

16 hours ago, observer said:

Perhaps the Old Ball could make a fortune as a restaurant - selling sweat meats ?    :D

The pub name "Old Ball" would have had reference to cricket somewhere in its past according to one website.... was there a cricket pitch around that area?

I'm not sure Baz but maybe there was a connection.  The Old Ball was on Winwick Street so I'll have a look at some old maps when I have time.

Another old Warrington pub name I was wondering about was The Cock and Trumpet.... the mind boggles :oops::lol:

Sort of fitting for a Jeremy C thread though....... :wink:

:D    Popularity ?  No doubt with most young air heads, but I doubt most of those at Glastonbury were there to see him.  :rolleyes:  btw: his deputy Commissar  is now claiming the Grenfell victims were murdered by political decisions;  so all those Labour Councils that have used cladding will be in the dock too;  total cranks preying on gullible minds.    :ph34r: