BBC poll tracker - wow what a change

The best thing about polls, even the ones that ask will you vote yes or no, is that they are only taken by certain people. to get 1000 answers from people you would probably have to badger at least four times that many. Many people do not want to be accosted in the street by some person with a clipboard in case they are selling time shares, asking for donations to the latest crisis in some third world country or selling subscriptions to mushroom growers gazette.

They do serve a purpose in that they provide jobs, at minimum wage or less, for some people, although standing on a street corner in all weathers accosting strangers could be deemed creepy at best. they also give a talking point for our political pundits on TV and make nice graphics to point at whilst they are going on about what party is doing what and who they are deriding at the moment. They may even help people decide who not to vote for. the validity of their accuracy is something else and depends as always on which way the questions are biased to provide what answer you want to get.:rolleyes:

Obs thought the saying was "nowt as queer as folk" however given our current PC climate I suppose that  the term "Queer" can no longer be seen as a descriptive word for anybody just in case it causes offence.:lol:

I've set up a free one for North and South which has seen great interest and take up on the WW Discussion Forum - oh I'm talking like Donald Trump and it's FAKE news.

It seems you can't give polls away at the moment and that it will be a hung parliament in the South and nothing in the North of Warrington so no one will be returned to Westminster.

42 minutes ago, observer said:

Or perhaps no one's interested in your topics ?     :rolleyes:

Very true I must be in the wrong place :ph34r: anyway the TT Supersport Race 1 (4 Laps) has just started and it's on Manx TT Radio so who cares :D Hutchy had a brilliant race yesterday but Guy came a cropper and has his wrist in ice - to try and recover in time for the Zero (Electric) bike race.

Opinion polls count for nothing - let's see what the exit poll says shortly after 10pm on Thursday - i think we may get closer to the truth then.

I often wonder who these people are who get asked.

I have never ever been asked how I am going to vote in a poll of any kind out on the street - and if I was I would probably throw a curve ball out of mischief which is what i suspect lots of other people do!

And then of course you have the silent Tories who never seem to appear until the last minute!

On 6/6/2017 at 5:38 PM, Geoffrey Settle said:

Gary can I ask you to try out my polls?

They have been designed by a top pollster and are on a World Wide forum 2nd to none.

I will be voting in the one that counts - and voting for common sense!

1 hour ago, Gary said:

I will be voting in the one that counts - and voting for common sense!

I hate to burst your bubble Gary but you/we here only get the choice of Cons, Lab, Dims and an Independent....the Common Sense Party are not standing anywhere :wink: