Climate Change Agreement Trumped

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the Head of the EPA's response to a question from Sen. Bernie Sanders. "I believe the ability to measure with precision the degree of human activity's impact on the climate is subject to more debate" looks like he want to sack the scientists who work for him. and thoughts on plants coming to the rescue by gobbling up the CO2 look at this  http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/plantations-carbon-removal-climate-change-1.4121615

Geoff, that article is hilarious. It is talking about "runaway climate change" which has to be a new expression in the alarmist handbook! How can something as chaotic and poorly understood as climate change be termed "runaway". They really are clutching at straws trying to convince us plebs to buy into their fairy tales.

2 hours ago, asperity said:

Geoff, that article is hilarious. It is talking about "runaway climate change" which has to be a new expression in the alarmist handbook! How can something as chaotic and poorly understood as climate change be termed "runaway". They really are clutching at straws trying to convince us plebs to buy into their fairy tales.

You're right it is complex.

• 3 weeks later...

Talking of trees as a Steering Group Member of the Mersey Forest I was at Risley Moss this morning hosting 1/4ly meeting of the Forestry Framework.

A lot of areas were covered including the planting of One Million Trees, Woodland allotments, Regional Growth Fund, Urban GreenUP, Slow the Flow etc.as well as the new concept of the Northern Forest. Several of these were talked about by speakers during the Green Infrastructure Partnership that took place at the University of Liverpool the week before so it is good to know that concern is there and that people are taking the issues seriously.

You can read about some of the Climate Change initiatives past present and future on this link http://www.merseyforest.org.uk/our-work/climate-change/ which also covers the Mersey Plan that includes Warrington.

We recognise that there are many changes ahead and that we have to be proactive to challenge the floods, disease etc. that are coming our way.

we have to be proactive to challenge the floods, disease etc. that are coming our way. 

Really Geoff? And your evidence for all these future problems comes from..................where? The usual suspects looking for government (taxpayers') money I would guess :rolleyes::rolleyes:

We are in the 21st century & advancing scientifically at an alarming rate.I am sure we now have the relevant technology in place or on the drawing board to put a big hole in the perceived  cause of this global warming that seems to be giving us so much angst & lightens our pockets through taxation. Similarly we are probably well on our way to conquering every illness & disease known to man if only the greed of the pharmaceutical companies would subside enough for governments around the world to treat  their populations.

58 minutes ago, Davy51 said:

We are in the 21st century & advancing scientifically at an alarming rate.I am sure we now have the relevant technology in place or on the drawing board to put a big hole in the perceived  cause of this global warming that seems to be giving us so much angst & lightens our pockets through taxation. Similarly we are probably well on our way to conquering every illness & disease known to man if only the greed of the pharmaceutical companies would subside enough for governments around the world to treat  their populations.

No we are not in that position.

2 hours ago, asperity said:

we have to be proactive to challenge the floods, disease etc. that are coming our way. 

Really Geoff? And your evidence for all these future problems comes from..................where? The usual suspects looking for government (taxpayers') money I would guess :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cynic - I was with a room full of Forestry Experts to do with lots of evidence that they can quote - but you would simply ignore it as a No Sayer, after all you've spent a life on the ocean waves so you can board your boat and sail away.

Geoff, let's assume for minute, that your right; and that all extreme whether events, such as flooding, are being caused by climate change.  It would be logical to conclude that it's therefore too late to prevent, as it's already happening.   Perhaps we could start dealing with the immediate effects of extreme whether and stop building in the flood plain, and provide some nice barriers like the one at Kingsway.       B)

1 hour ago, Geoffrey Settle said:

Cynic - I was with a room full of Forestry Experts to do with lots of evidence that they can quote - but you would simply ignore it as a No Sayer, after all you've spent a life on the ocean waves so you can board your boat and sail away.

Cynic? I actually prefer realist Geoff. These "experts" you are so in awe of are actually only self proclaimed "experts" who are trying to sell us all this B/S to keep their bank balances healthy. If the evidence is already in why do they need to keep on researching? Mind they don't try and sell you the Eiffel Tower or the Golden Gate Bridge Geoff :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, observer said:

Geoff, let's assume for minute, that your right; and that all extreme whether events, such as flooding, are being caused by climate change.  It would be logical to conclude that it's therefore too late to prevent, as it's already happening.   Perhaps we could start dealing with the immediate effects of extreme whether and stop building in the flood plain, and provide some nice barriers like the one at Kingsway.       B)

No - I disagree with your logic - they are focused on Natural Based Solutions. In flood defence the concept of slow the flow and water management, run off attenuation action, catchment health holding water in landscape etc. to compliment the work at places like Victoria Park.

I think Britain is full of shining examples of where not to build. Our country for thousands of inhabited years has been like a rain soaked sponge & dwellings have been  located accordingly but come the 20th century & Joe Bloggs developers decides to build homes on  X part of Britain ,never considering why nothing has been built there previously. Add to this the other Joe Bloggs's & what makes matters look worse is that the ground has been paved & won't allow water to soak away & property has been built where it ought not to have been because of flood risks.The result is flooding  & Britain is prone to lots of rain anyway so we are an easy example of the ills of global warming.

Unfortunately with hindsight technology has brought us to this point and we are now suffering the consequences. Every action has an equal and opposite consequence or so it may seem. We now have to face up and try and deal with the results of our past in the best way we can and of cause we will probably make things worse before they get better, but try we must. 

7 hours ago, Geoffrey Settle said:

These people and practical and doing stuff - no bull shit from any of them. They are doers, protectors of the environment and well use to facing up to the deniers like you.

I don't deny that the climate changes, because of course it was changing long before we came along and will continue to change long after we've gone, so throwing labels like "denier" at me is like water off a duck's back. I'm sure these people you are so in love with are doing a fine job of looking after the trees and rivers, but to try and paint them as heroes for fighting nature is pretty wide of the mark. There is no doubt that man has changed the landscape and altered the courses of rivers, and from that point of view is responsible for flooding for example, but it isn't the insolvable problem that environmentalists insist needs £millions given to them as some sort of payment for our sins against Gaia.

7 hours ago, asperity said:

I don't deny that the climate changes, because of course it was changing long before we came along and will continue to change long after we've gone, so throwing labels like "denier" at me is like water off a duck's back. I'm sure these people you are so in love with are doing a fine job of looking after the trees and rivers, but to try and paint them as heroes for fighting nature is pretty wide of the mark. There is no doubt that man has changed the landscape and altered the courses of rivers, and from that point of view is responsible for flooding for example, but it isn't the insolvable problem that environmentalists insist needs £millions given to them as some sort of payment for our sins against Gaia.

Anything that supports the case for green energy and carbon reduction is like water off a duck's back to you.

That's because your opposition is ideological.