Climate Change Agreement Trumped

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The climate change scam is a clever method of taking money from taxpayers in wealthy countries and transferring it to poorer countries. This has also been described as transferring money from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries.

It's also a method of ensuring that so called "climate scientists" keep getting "research funds".

As i recall one of the first outcomes of the revelations of the Al Gore film was that taxing consumers would somehow stop people using the very things that were allegedly causing global warming. Seeing as consumers were not the people causing the problems ,the tax was nothing more than a money making scam for HM Gov.

16 hours ago, Freeborn John said:

The climate change industry isn't happy at the prospect of having to take its hands out of Uncle Sams bottomless pockets, what's the point of inventing a lucrative new worldwide religion if there's no lucre...

Who are the "climate change industry"?

Names please.

25 minutes ago, asperity said:

Badly. Green energy consumes tax in the form of subsidies to make it competitive.

You are not answering the question asked you're not a politician by any chance are you?

fugtifino is asking for the amount of income generated by green energy and other fuels in pounds, subsidies were to encourage the new industry to get started.

48 minutes ago, asperity said:

Badly. Green energy consumes tax in the form of subsidies to make it competitive.

Does this kind of stuff bother you then?

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/nov/12/uk-breaks-pledge-to-become-only-g7-country-increase-fossil-fuel-subsidies

Or this?

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/damian-carrington-blog/2015/oct/22/hinkley-point-uk-energy-policy-is-now-hunkering-in-a-nuclear-bunker

Geoff - think you may have been on your sabbatical when this discussion took place here, you might find it, er, instructive:

https://tinyurl.com/ycvhqb2s

10 hours ago, fugtifino said:

That's what made it meaningful, nobody had to do it, but most nations believed it would be best to.

No, nobody "has" to do it, meaning - it can be ignored if it proves economically inconvenient to any individual country, similar to the nuclear non- proliferation Treaty - just words.    :ph34r:

14 minutes ago, Geoffrey Settle said:

Just playing with word hey Obs - you know that's NOT what he meant.

Nope, I don't do semantics - all these "Treaties" require 100% compliance, in order to work (assuming a sound basis in the first place of course); but I'm afraid national self interest rules, even if, like the Yanks, they don't admit it openly.     :ph34r:

2 hours ago, fugtifino said:

Yes I think I was I took a year or so off - One of the photos show Green Dave - can anyone remember him at one of the poles?

What we've seen in the build up to this Climate Agreement, is basically a blackmail scenario from countries like India.  If you want us to stop using coal (which is cheaper) then start paying us to subsidise renewables (that's us of course, doing the paying).  Not, oh yes we can see your argument, therefore we'll convert to a renewable economy, cos we believe it's in the interest of our own population; even if that means paying for it ourselves. Similarly the Chinese, who were building a coal fired power station every week, are now late converts, due to a spate of choking smogs in Beijing.  If countries are really concerned about their own people, they'll take the necessary environmental measures to protect their own, without handouts; and that will apply to more immediate and tangible issues, such as traffic and waste pollution; and of course (the elephant in the room), over-population.      :ph34r: