Unbelievable !

observer

May is committing political suicide ....she has lost her bottle & wants no part of Brexit talks. Even more alarming ,her outspoken Brexit comrades are keeping quiet too. The electorate have been duped to damage the referendum result.

3 hours ago, Evil Sid said:

Oh goody my investment in twenty miles of hemp rope might pay off after all. :shock::lol:

Maybe you could get a government start up loan Sid, & i'm sure Albert Pierpoint's book will be available in the library.

1 hour ago, observer said:

Seems some are anxious to follow the Greek experience under Comrade Corbyn, vote for lots of goodies until the debts have to be paid; then tears at bedtime.

No wonder comrades Branson & Blair are not out thumping the tub for Labour....they don't need to bother.

27 minutes ago, Davy51 said:

May is committing political suicide ....she has lost her bottle & wants no part of Brexit talks. Even more alarming ,her outspoken Brexit comrades are keeping quiet too. The electorate have been duped to damage the referendum result.

You'd think so Dave, given that all she had to do was endorse the will of the referendum, no need even for "Manifesto Initiatives", other than confirming that we will leave the EU. Instead, we've had a few misdirected ideas, that have served only to wind up their older core supporters; while Jeremy is promising all sorts of goodies, without any idea as to where the money will come from, just like the Greeks did. The money will be borrowed, and the poor youngsters, who keep complaining about their futures "being stolen", will spend the rest of their impoverished lives (in or out of the EU), paying for it. We've had one example of Labour's spend now, pay later philosophy with the Hospital PFI shambles, another reason for the NHS debacle.     :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

On 5/31/2017 at 8:12 PM, observer said:

You'd think so Dave, given that all she had to do was endorse the will of the referendum, no need even for "Manifesto Initiatives", other than confirming that we will leave the EU. Instead, we've had a few misdirected ideas, that have served only to wind up their older core supporters; while Jeremy is promising all sorts of goodies, without any idea as to where the money will come from, just like the Greeks did. The money will be borrowed, and the poor youngsters, who keep complaining about their futures "being stolen", will spend the rest of their impoverished lives (in or out of the EU), paying for it. We've had one example of Labour's spend now, pay later philosophy with the Hospital PFI shambles, another reason for the NHS debacle.     :ph34r:

Did you not listen to the Dianne Abbott interview for gods sake man???? She has all the costs worked out 

please try and keep up!! :)

On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 7:34 PM, Davy51 said:

Oh no they haven't Boris escaped see this video and almost punch up after the ads

:D   When we thought things might get bad; they've got worse; with the possibility of an SNP-Lab Gov.  Truly a coalition of chaos. So we can look forward to staying in the EU, with the doors open even wider to migrants and yet another attempt by the Jocks for Independence. One couldn't believe that only 12 months ago we voted for Brexit, now a fickle electorate look like they're going to throw it away.    :rolleyes:

51 minutes ago, observer said:

Sounds like the unbelievable has happened - such is the fickle nature of folk.      :ph34r:

Why what's happened?  I've only just come online and I've not seen any coverage so far and no access to the TV either.... 

Please be brief though Obs as I'm feeling sleepy and have limited concentration....

Totally believable,whoever set the manifesto have naively thought that Brexit would settle the vote.Even some Tory MPs were aghast at the contents of a manifesto they were trying to peddle on the doorsteps of Britain. Hitting pensioners was a massive mistake with the size of the ever growing grey vote & Corbyn has been very shrewd in appealing to younger voters to get him over the line in many seats. Some big heads need to roll before the next election if the Tories can make it through the full term. Spectacular negotiations on Brexit are needed from them to salvage some credibility.

• Upvote 1

They snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, with an inept campaign. But alas, the fickle nature of an electorate, that votes for Brexit one year, and changes it's mind the next; merely makes the whole process a joke. The EU Mandarins must be laughing all the way to the negotiating table.     :ph34r:

The Tory top brass didn't think this one through at all, did they? They had another two years to run, but thought there was an opportunity to increase their majority if they held a snap election, due to what they saw as a weak opposition from all opposing parties. And this election was called only a week or so after they announced they would stop the triple lock state pension increase and scrap the annual OAP heating allowance!  I think the grey vote loved that ! If I were Corbyn though I wouldn't get too big headed or over confident, as there was without doubt quite a lot of tactical voting to avoid a Tory landslide, giving them a majority but not allowing them to have it all their own way.  

• Upvote 1

Think your right in part Mid, in that they came up with some blunders destined to alienate the grey vote (dementia tax etc), plus the school meals one to alienate the Mums; none of which was required.  However, I think most of the tactical voting went to Labour from the anti-Brexiteers, largely from the "I want it & I want it now" generation; who fell for the promises of goodies now, maybe pay later, if we can afford it, or just max out on credit until the debt catches up with us. But the rational behind a snap election was imo sound, in order to remove Remainers from Parliament, and allow the Brexit process to go ahead unimpeded. Sadly it hasn't worked that way, due to an inept campaign, and the PM's now up against more disruption to seeing Brexit through.      :ph34r: 

• Upvote 1