New forum

Gary

As with anything new it takes a bit of time to get used to but on the whole easier to use so far. Had fun trying to figure out how to find all the emoticons but realised that clicking on the emoticon box brought them all up.

Is there an option in the settings to take you to the latest post in a topic? so far i haven't spotted it,if it is there. If not no worries just means that for topics that cover more than one page of postings i just need to keep clicking next until i get to the last page to read the latest post or to the page before if the new post straddles two pages. only a minor niggle though.

If i have any more problems with the forum i will do what i usually do which is to keep clicking on icons and the like until it does what i was trying to do.(keeps me occupied and stops the wife complaining that i am under her feet all the time) :P

4 hours ago, Evil Sid said:

Is there an option in the settings to take you to the latest post in a topic? so far i haven't spotted it,if it is there. If not no worries just means that for topics that cover more than one page of postings i just need to keep clicking next until i get to the last page to read the latest post or to the page before if the new post straddles two pages. only a minor niggle though.

Evils on topics which have many pages I don't think there is any way of going to the very last post on a topic but I'll have a play in case it's just something I've missed.....but there IS a way to get to the last page without having to click NEXT to go through them all as you currently do.

....at the top where you see the tabs for each page in a boxed row showing pages " 1 2 3 4 ....NEXT" you will see a little icon like this >>.  If you click on that it takes you directly to the last page.

OR

just to the right of the >> there is also a bit which says 'page 1 of x' if you click the little drop down arrow you can then manually type in which page you want to go to.

Hope that helps a bit :D

There's another quite useful tab at the top of the main forum page which sounds like what you are looking for.

Top right of the main page and just under the search box you will see the words 'UNREAD CONTENT'

Click on that and it then lists all the topics which have posts under that you haven't yet seen and it also displays the unread last post too.  You then just click whichever topic you want to open from the list.  You can also display it in different ways or change the search/read status criteria.

For example when it displays the list of your unread topics can can set it to wither take you to the top of the page it is on....
OR you can set it to take you to the first unread comment (ie unread by you). 

I'm guessing that wouldn't work if you are not actually logged into the forum though or if you weren't logged in last time you read stuff.