General Election - June 8th

Geoffrey Settle

Think perhaps Nigel has spotted the core reason for the PM's change of heart:  with over a dozen Tory MP's under Police investigation into alleged election fraud; she really needs to off-load them and ensure the next lot are whiter than white. While she's at it, she'll need to shed any Remoaners from her P/Party.      :ph34r:

I do hope Mrs May isn't blinking in the face of Brexit negotiations & hopefully the election will get rid of a few of the Scottish National Front MPs thereby reducing Sturgeon's bluster for independence.

It won't be that easy for the government to enter this election though with other issues in contention & not just an in/out vote & add to that the usual tepid turnout for a general election & the Tories could get their fingers burned.

:D Asp, he might have just seen Dianne in the shower !   :D

16 hours ago, Davy51 said:

I do hope Mrs May isn't blinking in the face of Brexit negotiations & hopefully the election will get rid of a few of the Scottish National Front MPs thereby reducing Sturgeon's bluster for independence.

It won't be that easy for the government to enter this election though with other issues in contention & not just an in/out vote & add to that the usual tepid turnout for a general election & the Tories could get their fingers burned.

Dave, I doubt there are " other issues in contention", as I think most folk now realise that none of the Parties have a clue how to sort things out.  imo there are only two issues, Brexit and immigration; requiring a clear run by clear majority in Parliament, that will just "get on with it".     

• Upvote 1

I am pretty sure that Labour & other parties will muddy the waters with issues regarding NHS, social services ,education & whatever else anyone cares to mention & i will be surprised if the turnout is any more than any other general election.

Gary - the candidates list has still to be confirmed on both sides of the Grand Canal (bun fights are brewing amongst supporters on other outlets).

Have you thought of throwing your hat in the ring? I'm sure you would get all our votes from the discussion forum - which ever party you chose :ph34r: or are you waiting for the Cheshire Mayoral Elections when you can expand your media empire to the whole of Cheshire? 

But then again perhaps you are wise after all to stand back, ask the questions and report the facts - let the Party begin.

1 hour ago, Geoffrey Settle said:

Corbyn was seen by BBC cameras today in Warrington South did you spot him? 

I imagine Gary is just processing the press release now - he's done the Wire win. :rolleyes:

He knocked on my door earlier. I told him that I do my own gardening thanks. :D

3 hours ago, Geoffrey Settle said:

Well we have 3 potential candidates, all local councillors putting themselves forward for Warrington South after Jeremy's visit, two stood very close to him  in the TV coverage.

Who is we ? The Conservatives? (I assumed our MP would be standing for re-election). UKIP? The Libdims? The National Corbynista Party? The Monster Raving Loony Party?