Old faces

Anthonypr

I've been a member for 12 years too but I'm embarrassed to say I don't actually remember you Anthonypr :oops:  I guess you probably don't remember me either but our paths must have crossed if you only left 10 years ago.  Did you used to post back then in the same name you registered with this time or a different one?  I used to be called 'Dismayed' (due to the frame of mind I was in when I first joined ha ha)....but I changed it to Dizzy a few years later  maybe after you left.

I remember Mary on here though, she was a lovely lady but the last time she posted was on 1 January 2014.  I hope she's ok .

Did Brenda post under the name of 'Brendam' or am I thinking of the wrong lady?  If it was Brendam she was lovely too but not seen anything from her since 2013.  I hope she's ok too.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 10:15 PM, Anthonypr said:

...just wondering if any of the old faces a still about, having just got back on after 10 years awal, 

is steve sober, Mary, Alana and Brenda still about? To name a few I've not seen posting whiles waiting to be validated by admin...

Hello all,

Well I joined only in January this year when Dizzy and other members helped me resolve some of my Wheeldon family history of Warrington queries,  so not one of the "old faces".

But thought would join in here anyway, even if only just to say hello for now, after receiving an "updates" email notification from the site. Since was last here, I've started inputting the Wheeldon family tree online at geni.com, so when I eventually finish it, I'll post a link to it on the Warrington Now and Then - History board.

Bye for now, Cas :)

10 hours ago, Anthonypr said:

arh i remember you Dizzy/Dismayed, not sure if i was under the same name might have been anthony or little ant, yes she posted undertake name Brendam 

I think you have had more name changes than Prince.

our main local issues here are caused by the local council this week they have ruined most of the picturesque areas by filling them with tones of extra bins (1 bin every 15-20ft) ready for the tourists arriving over easter.    see the picture , this is on the harbour wall in aberaron which features in the visitwales advert with all the coloured buildings

17492695_286775651761516_2012859360759455803_o.jpg

16 hours ago, Anthonypr said:

but as i say i wouldn't change where i work/live now when i can walk out of work and look on the beach and see the barrel jellyfish and out to sea and see the dolphins jumping 

17834284_1693452670955459_5655214274892715876_o.jpg

That's one fab photo but blimey if that's a barrel jellyfish (I've never heard of those before) and I hope I never come close to one...it looks huge

its about 2-3 ft across from the look of it(i was looking down on to the beach keeping my distance)  wiki says

Rhizostoma pulmo, commonly known as the barrel jellyfish,[1] the dustbin-lid jellyfish or the frilly-mouthed jellyfish. , is a scyphomedusa in the family Rhizostomatidae.[2] It is found in the northeast Atlantic, and in the AdriaticMediterranean SeaBlack Sea and Sea of Azov. It is also known from the southern Atlantic off the western South African coast and into False Bay.[3]

It is common in the Irish Sea. It typically is up to 40 cm (16 in) in diameter, but can exceptionally reach 90 cm (35 in), making it the largest jellyfish in British waters (Cyanea capillata reaches an even larger size, but is generally smaller in Britain).

It is a favourite food of the leatherback turtle.

and it has been known to see leatherback turtles around here when the jelly fish are here