Message to New Members...please VALIDATE

Dizzy

Just a little message to any new members who have registered to join the forum but have not yet been activated.

To stop SPAM and automated rogue registrations we require that all new members VALIDATE their new membership registration after completing the Forum registration process.

After registering to join the Forum you will receive an automated email which will be sent to the email address you used to register with.
It contains a simple link for you click to validate your Forum account registration.

Only after you have validated your registration in this way will your new member registration be set to be 'valid' meaning that Admin can then activate your account.

We are aware that on occasion new members don't receive their validation email, this sometimes happens with yahoo email addresses and occasionally others too, so if you do register to join but have difficulties or don't receive your Validation Email please contact us using the online 'contact us' form or our email address both available from the main 'Warrington Worldwide' websites 'contact us' page here http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/contact/remembering to give us details of the username/forum name you registered to join with.   We will then manually validate and activate you account for you.

Thanks  Dizzy (Admin)  :D

Have you told them you have validated them now?  Maybe they are still looking through everything and finding their feet.

I hope they post as it would be lovely to have some new people posting on here :D

Of course I did - they emailed me complaining!!!

With a little detective work I am sure youy can locate them and give them a poke! :wink:

Errm so have I got this right

1) The said user registers to join

2) The said user is sent an automated email to then validate themselves

3)  The said user does not validate themselves via the received email so being the good little gremlin I am I always click for the forum system to resend the validation emails to any new members who may not have seen or receive them first time.

4) The said user still does not validate (so I'm guessing for some reason they are not receiving their validation email or it may have gone into their spam account...or they are non genuine registrations)

5) This said user does however contact you directly...so clearly a nice person and genuine

6) You then manually validate their membership and email them back saying you have done so

7)  Knowing that the said user still doesn't post ????  

8) ... and now you want me to somehow play detective, somehow locate them and send them a poke ?  Errm how on earth do I poke someone who I don't know lol.  I could poke my other half, my son or my dog if that is any use as they are quite close by as I'm typing this or tomorrow I could drive to all my family and friends houses and poke them too and do the same to my neighbours too....although I doubt the person who registered is any of them.

Really Gary you do sometimes ask too much of me....poke them yourself as you must have their email address if they have already complained to you asking you to validate them as you have obliged and contacted them back saying so.  Stop passing the buck :lol: :lol:

Of course saying all that maybe they never received your reply to them if it was sent from the same email address that is used for sending the automated validation emails........

NEW MEMBER....IF YOU ARE READING THIS CAN YOU PLEASE POST SOMETHING IF ONLY JUST TO SHUT GARY UP :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Errm so have I got this right

1) The said user registers to join

2) The said user is sent an automated email to then validate themselves

3)  The said user does not validate themselves via the received email so being the good little gremlin I am I always click for the forum system to resend the validation emails to any new members who may not have seen or receive them first time.

4) The said user still does not validate (so I'm guessing for some reason they are not receiving their validation email or it may have gone into their spam account...or they are non genuine registrations)

5) This said user does however contact you directly...so clearly a nice person and genuine

6) You then manually validate their membership and email them back saying you have done so

7)  Knowing that the said user still doesn't post ????  

8) ... and now you want me to somehow play detective, somehow locate them and send them a poke ?  Errm how on earth do I poke someone who I don't know lol.  I could poke my other half, my son or my dog if that is any use as they are quite close by as I'm typing this or tomorrow I could drive to all my family and friends houses and poke them too and do the same to my neighbours too....although I doubt the person who registered is any of them.

Really Gary you do sometimes ask too much of me....poke them yourself as you must have their email address if they have already complained to you asking you to validate them as you have obliged and contacted them back saying so.  Stop passing the buck :lol: :lol:

Of course saying all that maybe they never received your reply to them if it was sent from the same email address that is used for sending the automated validation emails........

NEW MEMBER....IF YOU ARE READING THIS CAN YOU PLEASE POST SOMETHING IF ONLY JUST TO SHUT GARY UP :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They said their validation emails never arrived :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well now! I tried to register and received no validation email before Christmas, I wanted to give Sha a link to a page about the Library issue which showed that what WBC were doing would not be acceptable to the Government. I waited and sent an email to the info address on the Warr w-wide  contact page and got no response at all. I gave up for Christmas.  I started again on the 4th Jan. This time the follow up was responded to by Gary. By the time I got the response the story about the library had died. I have posted since on a new topic in response to a question from Bazj.

So seized by a topic the problem with the email system which appears not to like outlook.com and gmail.com addresses and will not validate with them, and no the messages didn't go to spam folders, I am berated for being put off until my desire to post is no longer relevant. The problem with some email services is clearly long-standing and needs fixing. Gary complained about paying for this service but the payment should include making it work.

The advantage this site offers is the ability to raise issues without the direction and censorship applied to news stories at the other source. I look at current comment pages more than this type of page, sorry.

........  the email system which appears not to like outlook.com and gmail.com addresses and will not validate with them..................

:arrow:  My pennyworth for info, in case any help - this is probably correct as I'd also registered with my outlook.com e-address then had the problems getting validated. Emailed the contact address also from outlook.com address, and no response after a long time. So then emailed later from my ISP address and that worked fine, as received response from Gary very soon afterwards.

Cas

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
14 hours ago, Anthonypr said:

New member, to add my penny's worth and wind Gary up, why is it that when a new member registers and validates there email it takes over a week for admin to validate there membership?? 

Anthony 

Hi Anthony and welcome back to the forum :)

Re you having to wait so long to be validated, sorry about that :oops: 

There is a very simple reason for your delay........ I could blame Gary.....but that would be fibbing......

The forum was upgraded last month and the admin control panel side of it all is completely different.  I don't get automatic notifications of new member registrations and I keep forgetting to manually check for new self validated members who are waiting for admin approval.  Ooops :blink:  sorry again ^_^

11 hours ago, Evil Sid said:

They have to do a full background check and find out where you live so that they can send the boys round if you upset them.:ph34r:

thats good because my ip comes up as Birmingham but don't think you get the same views or the wildlife down there. bet you can't see dolphins jumping when you look out of the window at work in Birmingham 

6 hours ago, Dizzy said:

Hi Anthony and welcome back to the forum :)

Re you having to wait so long to be validated, sorry about that :oops: 

There is a very simple reason for your delay........ I could blame Gary.....but that would be fibbing......

The forum was upgraded last month and the admin control panel side of it all is completely different.  I don't get automatic notifications of new member registrations and I keep forgetting to manually check for new self validated members who are waiting for admin approval.  Ooops :blink:  sorry again ^_^

hi dizzy, why not blame GARY i would and he knows it lol the amount of stick i have given him over the years think I've got some catching up to do having been awol for 10 years hehe

6 hours ago, Anthonypr said:

hi dizzy, why not blame GARY i would and he knows it lol the amount of stick i have given him over the years think I've got some catching up to do having been awol for 10 years hehe

:lol::lol: well that should liven things up a bit on here.... :wink: